The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our lives quickly and drastically in a relatively short amount of time. To maintain some sense of normalcy, it is important to adapt your day-to-day life in order to make sure you and your loved ones remain physically and mentally healthy. By continuing to do simple tasks such as staying active, getting adequate sleep, staying connected with others, eating healthy meals and taking time to take care of yourself are all great ways to ensure the continued health of yourself and others around you. Utilize the tips below to help maintain a healthy, active lifestyle during the COVID-19 pandemic.
10 Ways to Stay Healthy During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Do at-home workouts. The CDC recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity a week and at least two days of muscle-strengthening activities per week.
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals with plenty of nutrients.
- Take time for yourself to meditate or relax.
- Keep up with personal hygiene habits.
- Stay in contact virtually with friends and family.
- Wake up and go to sleep at similar times every day.
- Find time to do things you enjoy, or discover new hobbies.
- Talk to someone if you are feeling stressed, depressed or anxious.
- Create and keep up a new daily routine to adapt to the changes of the pandemic.
- Go for walks, jogs, bike rides or runs outdoors, while maintaining safe distance from others.