01 Sep EXPONENTIAL 2019 GROWTH CATAPULTS LAKESHORE RECYCLING SYSTEMS TO NORTH AMERICA’S 7TH LARGEST PRIVATELY-HELD WASTE HAULER; 19th ON WASTE TODAY MAGAZINE’S TOP 50 HAULERS LIST
We are pleased to announce Lakeshore Recycling Systems is now North America’s 7th largest privately-held waste hauler, and today ranks 19th on Waste Today Magazine’s Top 50 Hauler List (published Aug. 18, 2020). The Top 50 ranking is based on 2019 reported revenues, and includes both privately- and publicly-held companies.
A significant year of gains in both commercial and residential hauling and temporary services highlight the primary driver of our 2019 ranking. We also continue to expand strategically through the acquisition of independent waste haulers throughout Wisconsin; all of whom share in our mission of sustainability, responsibly diverting and recycling as much material out of the waste stream as possible.
Today, Lakeshore actively diverts from our inbound volume more than 40 percent of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) and over 80 percent of the Construction and Demolition (C&D) material. We differentiate by working proactively to find ways to remove and repurpose material from the waste stream, not only through the deployment of leading technology and frontline innovation, but by educating our customers and working with them to recycle and dispose of waste responsibly.
In 2019, Lakeshore added a series of strategic acquisitions, landed key municipal partnerships and commercial service agreements, and expanded our offerings, including:
- Commercial waste and recycling routes: Molenhouse Enterprises
- Commercial waste and recycling service contract: DePaul University
- Exclusive residential contract: Village of LaGrange Park
- Exclusive residential contract: Village of Worth
- Exclusive residential contract: Village of Elmwood Park
- Exclusive residential contract: Kaneville Township
- Exclusive residential contract: Shields Township
- Launched new temporary fencing offering for use in conjunction with other services, including: portable restrooms and roll-off dumpsters.
This year, Lakeshore continued its growth trajectory, acquiring three independent residential and commercial haulers as part of our continued expansion in southern Wisconsin, and winning new municipal service agreements in greater Chicago:
- Acquisition: Choice Disposal (Ixonia, Wisc.)
- Acquisition: Supreme Disposal (Milwaukee, Wisc.)
- Acquisition: Waste Cycle (Milwaukee, Wisc.)
- Exclusive residential contract: Village of Western Springs, IL
- Exclusive residential contract: Campton Township, IL
- Exclusive residential contract with Unincorporated Lisle Township, IL
- Internally: Five LRS facilities are now Recycling Certified Institute (RCI)-certified to simplify the LEED certification process for customers and ensure proper recycling of C&D material
We remain grateful and salute our passionate and hardworking family of 920 employees across Illinois and Wisconsin who each day help ensure Lakeshore Recycling Systems remains the Midwest’s provider of choice for responsible waste and recycling solutions.
To learn more about Waste Today Magazine’s Top 50 Haulers ranking, visit https://ow.ly/OqdS50B7ycb