01 Jun Grocery Store Safety
As the shelter in place order continues, it is important to continue practicing social distancing guidelines and wearing masks in places where social distancing is difficult, such as grocery stores. Adapting to this new normal is crucial to help mitigate the spread of the virus and protect ourselves and our loved ones, especially if you have to go out in public places. Utilize the tips below to protect yourself and others around you when grocery shopping.
COVID-19 Grocery Shopping Tips
- Go shopping at off peak hours.
- Keep a six foot distance from other shoppers while in the store.
- Use sanitizing wipes to clean and disinfect carts before you use them.
- Bring and use hand sanitizer during your shopping visit.
- Use debit or credit cards and self-checkout lanes whenever possible to limit contact with employees.
- Use curbside pickup or grocery delivery services.
- Use hand sanitizer before getting in your car.
- Wash your hands immediately upon getting home and again after putting groceries away.