Village of North Barrington: Solid Waste & Recycling Collection
LRS is proud to be the preferred waste and recycling partner for North Barrington.
In addition to being the exclusive residential waste and recycling hauler for North Barrington, many North Barrington homeowners are currently in need of dumpster rental, on-site storage, portable bathrooms and street sweeper services. LRS is here to help. We have the most professional and affordable dumpster rental, on-site storage, portable bathrooms and street sweeper services available in North Barrington. We offer many different services that all can be customized to meet whatever residential needs you may have.
North Barrington Collection Guidelines
- Service will include, at no charge, a 95-gallon toter for both garbage and recycling.
- Seniors may choose between 95-gallon toter or a 45-gallon toter
- Solid waste and recycling will be picked up on Tuesdays
- All solid waste materials must be placed at the curb for collection by 6:00 a.m. the day of your scheduled collection, but not before 6:00 p.m. We cannot guarantee a specific time the driver will be at your home.
- Garbage and recycling must be placed by the drive and at least 5 feet away from Stationery objects (basketball hoops, mailboxes, vehicles. Etc.).
BULK LEAF VACUUMING: available for an extra fee, please call to schedule.
|Newspaper and inserts||Magazine catalogs & phone books||Office paper notebooks|
|Computer printouts||Hanging file folders (remove metal & trash it)||Pastel sticky notes|
|Glossy brochures||Index cards||Greeting cards|
|Stationery||Fax paper||Manila folders|
|Cardboard boxes||Brown paper grocery bags||Paperback books|
- NO used paper plates or pizza boxes, or fluorescent paper (they contaminate the paper stream with food, dye, or plastic coating) If the pizza box top is clean you can tear it off and recycle it.
- NO paper towels, tissues, or napkins, which are not recyclable because the fibers are too small to reuse (please compost them with kitchen food scraps if possible)
- NO Shredded Paper – Loose shredded paper causes major sorting problems in the Recycling Facilities
- NO frozen food boxes, which are made of a hybrid of paper and plastic, and are not wanted by paper mills
- NO paper cups, which are also made of a hybrid of paper and plastic rendering them unrecyclable
Aluminum Cans & Foil
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil
- Pie plates and trays
- Milk, Soup
- Cardboard Egg Cartons
- Juice cartons & boxes
- Food cans and lids
- Metal paint cans and lids
- Empty aerosol cans
Glass Bottle & Jars
- All colors are accepted
- NO window or auto glass, bakeware, ceramics, mirrors, light bulbs, coffee pots or drinking glasses
- Plastic bottles
- Plastic tubs
- Plastic jugs
- NO plastic bags or plastic film (plastic wraps, sandwich bags, freezer bags, tarps)
- NO plastic utensils or plates (plastic wraps, sandwich bags, freezer bags, tarps), cups, lids or straws
- NO candy wrappers, cereal bags, potato chip bags, or snack bags
- NO empty motor oil, pesticide, or chemical bottles
- NO Styrofoam, polystyrene (do not put in curbside bin)
Food Scrap Composting
- Year-round food organic recycling will be available
What Can be Composted?
- Pet waste (including cat litter)
- Fruits and vegetables
- Leftovers, Kitchen scraps (including coffee grounds and filters)
- Breads, grains, pasta, cereal
- Meats, poultry, seafood (including shells and bones)
- Dairy and eggs (including shells)
- Plants and greens (including pumpkins)
1.How to Collect Food Scraps
- Collect food scraps in your kitchen collector (Waste containers are available for purchase. Call LRS for more information at 844-NEED-LRS .
- NEVER use plastic bags
- NO biodegradable bags, paper only
- YEmpty food scraps into your 32-gallon, lined with a kraft or yard waste bag
- Set your 32-gallon food scrap container at the curb or back door on your regular collection day
North Barrington Yard Waste Collection
- Yard waste (also known as landscape waste) season is April 1st through November 30th, every year.
- Optional yard waste collection will occur weekly, same day as trash day. Subscription/Stickers program.
Resident Owned Containers & Biodegradable Yard Waste Bags
- Residents may use a waste container marked with an “X” or “YARD WASTE.” Residents may also use biodegradable lawn, landscape, or yard waste bags. Containers or bags may not exceed the 50-pound weight limit each.
Yard Waste Container
- Yard waste may be placed neatly at the curb in waste containers. If using your own container for yard waste materials, it must have two handles and not exceed 35 gallons or 50 pounds when full, for safety reasons.
- Residents may rent a 95-gallon cart for yard waste collection.
Biodegradable Yard Waste Bag
- Yard waste may be placed in a biodegradable “Kraft” style or alike paper bag designed specifically for the collection and disposal of yard waste. Bags may not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
Brush Bundles or Twigs
- Brush bundles tied in biodegradable twine may not exceed 4’ (feet) in length, 4” (inches) in width and 50 pounds. Tree limbs may not exceed 4” (inches) in diameter. Unbundled brush will not be collected.
- Please note that sod, dirt, rock, whole trees, limbs greater than 4 inches and stumps are not part of the weekly yard waste program
Christmas Tree Collection
- Christmas Trees will be collected the first two weeks of January at no additional charge
- All decorations, stands, etc. must be removed from the trees to be collected.
- DO NOT place trees in plastic bags, if placed in a plastic bag it will not be collected.
Larger Bulk Items
- One bulk item per week will be allowed for pick up at no additional charge
- A bulk item is considered an item the resident would take with them if they moved out of the resident (couch, mattress, small table, etc.).
- All bulk items must be at a weight that is manageable for one person to lift (not drag)
- Smaller items can be placed inside the cart.
Billing & Invoice Options
Auto Payment Option
- The mailing address for payments is:LRS PO BOX 554892 DETROIT, MI 48255-4892
- To pay online, please visit https://www.lrsrecycles.com/pay-bill/