Golf & The Environment
With 500 people and just under 200 households, the Village of Golf is small but mighty. The village trusted the team at LRS because we are a locally owned business, with the services of a corporately owned giant. LRS understands that the Golf community is fiercely independent with a dedicated police department, post office and beautiful homes. For almost 20 years, the residents of Golf have trusted us when they require roll-off dumpsters, on-site storage, portable bathrooms, mulch and street sweepers. At our recycling and transfer center in Northbrook, we recycle over 75% of materials and waste brought in. We set the standard in waste management industry, making sure that the Village of Golf receives nothing less than exceptional service and high quality solutions.
As we continue to enhance our services, we are confident that our partnership with the Village of Golf will continue to grow as well. With a recycling mentality, LRS and Golf are working together to create a more sustainable place to live.
Golf Residential Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste Collection Program
LRS provides Golf with residential services for garbage, recycling, and yard waste. LRS offers many other services for Golf residents including portable restrooms, and large open top construction style containers.
For more information on the required scheduling collection for specific items or material types, please click on one of the tabs below.
Friday is the service day in Golf. All garbage, recycling and yard waste should be curbside by 8AM on the collection day. Service times are subject to change.
- Service includes one (1) 96-gallon cart with wheels and a flip-top lid.
- Smaller, 64-gallon carts are available upon request to Customer Service.
- LRS provides each home with unlimited collection of garbage.
- There is no limit to the amount of garbage LRS will collect (so long as it is properly contained).
- Contact Customer Service by calling 844.633.3577 to submit a request for a smaller size cart or to rent an additional cart.
- Items that do not fit inside the LRS cart are to be placed in personal containers or bags.
- Garbage collection is provided once a week on same day as recycling and (seasonal) yard waste service.
- Service time of day will vary. Have all materials placed out curbside for collection by 8AM.
Non-LRS Resident Owned Containers
Garbage, receptacles, containers, boxes, plastic bags and individual item guide:
- Non-LRS containers must have two handles or a grip
- Garbage must be contained and fit inside the container when full
- Non-LRS containers may not exceed 33-gallons
- Loose garbage bags may not exceed 33-gallons, and must be securely tied
- Bags and containers may not exceed 50lbs when full
- Service includes one (1) 96-gallon cart with wheels and a flip-top lid.
- Smaller 64-gallon carts are available upon request to Customer Service.
- LRS provides each home with unlimited collection of recyclables (so long as they are properly contained).
- Contact Customer Service by calling 844.633.3577 to request a different size cart or rent an additional cart.
- Recyclables are collected on the same day as garbage and yard waste (in season).
- Use the LRS cart for recyclable materials.
- For any extra recyclables placed out for collection, mark as RECYCLE so the driver can clearly see it.
- Plastic bags and film will NOT be collected in the recycle cart.
Yard waste is collected seasonally beginning on April 1st through December 15th on the same day as garbage and recyclables. LRS also allows for organic food scraps to be mixed into yard waste during the season as well. Service includes one (1) 96-gallon cart with wheels and a flip-top lid. Smaller 64-gallon carts are available upon request to Customer Service. Contact Customer Service by calling 844.633.3577 to request a smaller size cart.
What is Considered Yard Waste?
Yard waste is garden trimmings, branches and brush under two inches (2”) in diameter not exceeding 4’ in length, leaves, flowers, tree droppings (crabapples and pinecones), garden plants, vines, weeds, grass clippings and yard trimmings.
What are considered acceptable food scraps?
Bread, cereal, coffee grounds, dairy, eggshells, eggs, fruits, grain, pasta, shells, vegetables
Approved yard waste containers and bags
- 2-ply, biodegradable yard waste bags or personal containers placed out for collection on the service day.
- Personal cans/containers labeled YARD WASTE and weighing less than 50lbs when full.
- Brush and branches must be bundled and tied with biodegradable twine or string (no metal). Each bundle must be no longer than 4’ in length, 2’ in diameter, weighing no more than 50lbs.
- Individual branches must be no larger than 2” in diameter, weighing no more than 50lbs.
Christmas trees are collected for no charge from January 2nd through January 26th. We will gladly collect your non-artificial Christmas trees as organic material – free of any tinsel, ornaments or lights. Trees can be left loose (never in bags) in the area where you receive regular service for trash and recycling. Trees are collected on your regular Friday service day. If you require collection after January 26th, prepayment and prescheduling is required.
“Bulk items” are items that are too large to fit into an LRS cart or container. LRS will collect one bulk item per week at no charge. If you have additional items that you would like to have collected curbside, please call Customer Service at 844.633.3577 or email Service@LRSrecycles.com so that LRS can provide you with a quote, as prepayment and prescheduling is required. If a bulk item is deemed hazardous or unacceptable for landfills, that item will not be taken.
Examples of a bulk or large item exceeding the capacity of the LRS garbage cart includes the following: bed frame, box spring (bed), bicycle, chair, love seat/sofa, one part of a sectional couch, mattress, frame, or wall picture. These are only some examples as there are many items that may be considered bulk items.
For health and safety reasons, mattresses must be wrapped in plastic to be collected. Plastic mattress wrap can be found online or at local grocery stores, hardware stores, and storage/moving outlets. If using loose plastic, it must be completely taped and secured on all corners with no exposure to the mattress.
Bulk items requiring special equipment and additional labor, such as a piano, sleeper sofa (couch with pull out bed) and large entertainment center are considered a Special Refuse Collection. Call LRS if you are unsure if an item requires additional labor or equipment at 844.633.3577 or send a request with a photo of the item(s) by email to Service@LRSrecycles.com.
Electronic Waste (E-Waste or E-Scrap) is banned from the landfill (cannot go in the regular garbage). As a result, E-Waste will not be included with curbside collection. LRS encourages residents to take advantage of the drop-off facilities provided by the Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County (SWANCC).
Please contact (SWANCC) at 847.724.9205 or visit https://www.swancc.org/recycling/electronics-recycling for assistance with disposal of any electronic waste.
Examples of E-Waste
Computers | Computer Monitors | Televisions | Printers | Keyboards | Fax Machines | VCR’S | Portable Digital Music Players | DVD Player | Video Game Consoles | Computer Mouse | Scanners | Digital Converter Boxes | Cable Receivers | Satellite Receivers | DVD Recorders | Small-Scale Servers
According to the EPA, Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) are products that can catch fire, react, or explode under certain circumstances. All HHW items are banned from the landfill and will not be collected with curbside collection. LRS encourages residents to take advantage of the drop-off facilities provided by Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County (SWANCC).
Please contact (SWANCC) at 847.724.9205 or visit https://swancc.org/recycling/chemical-and-paint-disposal for assistance with disposal of any hazardous material(s).
Examples of HHW:
- Oil Based Paints, Flammable Oils
- Oil, Lead, Urethane, Chromium Based Paints, Shellac, Water or Driveway Sealer, Oil-Based Stain, Varnish
- Pesticides / Herbicides / Fertilizers
- Poison, Lawn Chemicals, Weed Killer
- Spray-Paint, Hairspray, WD-40, Air Fresheners, Spray Adhesives, Oven Cleaner, Insecticide Bug Spray
- Automotive Chemicals / Fluids
- Antifreeze, Brake or Transmission Fluid, Gasoline, Diesel, Motor Oil
- Houshold Cleaners (Acidic/Caustic)
- Bleach, Ammonia, Muriatic Acids, Pool Cleaners, Drain Cleaners, Solvents, Paint Stripper or Thinner
- Bulbs / Batteries
- Fluorescent bulbs, CFL, NiCad, Lithium, Lead Acid, – Automotive, Marine and Sump Pump Batteries
“White Goods” are appliances that contain CFC, HCFC, PCBs, mercury switches or other hazardous components (refrigerators, air conditioners, humidifiers etc). These items will be taken but need to be free of the above referenced material. LRS will collect one “white good” or appliance per week. Prescheduling to LRS Customer Service is required. Any additional items requested to be serviced on the same day must be prescheduled and prepaid to LRS.
Examples of White Goods or Appliances
Air Conditioner | Clothes Dryer | Cook Top & Cooking Plate | Cooker or Bakers Oven | Dishwasher | Drying Cabinet | Freezer | Kitchen Stove or Oven Range | Microwave Oven | Refrigerator or Refrigeration Equipment | Washing Machine | Water Heater
Contact LRS at 844.633.3577 or send an e-mail with a photo of the item(s) to Service@LRSrecycles.com for any items you are unsure about. Please include your address and as much detail regarding the item(s) as possible. Items requiring additional labor and/or equipment to manage are a Special Refuse Collection. LRS provides special pick-ups or special collections for large amounts of garbage from a move out, flooded basement or large clean out(s). Examples of Special Refuse Collection items include a sleeper sofa, construction debris item(s), TV console and entertainment center. LRS will provide a cost estimate if we are able to provide the service. LRS does not guarantee collection of every item.
Home remodeling waste includes, but is not limited to drywall, plywood, paneling, lumber, doors, windows, cabinets, porcelain fixtures, sod, fencing, concrete, or rocks will require special pickups. Residents will need to schedule service for these items and call to receive instructions on how to best prepare them for collection. Estimates will be provided, and items will be charged by the yard.
Residents also have the option of ordering a construction style, open top (roll-off) dumpster from LRS. Click Here to learn more about having an open top dumpster delivered.
LRS has expanded our temporary services division to create an easier customer experience. These temporary services include portable restroom rental and dumpster roll-offs of all sizes to contain your construction debris.
Contact us today to discover all the ways LRS can make your waste removal even easier, no matter the project.
New Years Day Independence Day Christmas Day
Memorial Day Thanksgiving Day Labor Day
Holiday service will be provided one day later than regular collection if the holiday falls Sunday through Friday. If the holiday falls on a Saturday, service will not be affected.
For more information, questions and to arrange services, please call LRS Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. at 844.633.3577 or email Service@LRSrecycles.com.
Improperly prepared materials placed for collection will not be collected.
How do I clean my cart?
Fill the cart with hot water and a capful of vinegar or grease-cutting dish soap. Let it sit for about 10 minutes and rinse. Once the cart has been thoroughly rinsed, set the cart out with the lid open in the sun to dry.
What if I need my cart replaced?
Carts that are broken due to damage incurred during the collection are reported by the driver for replacement at no charge. Residents are encouraged to contact LRS if they notice damage to the cart during the collection process to request a replacement cart.
If damage occurs to the cart due to other reasons, please contact LRS to request a replacement cart.
Is this considered garbage?
Latex paint is considered regular garbage, but it must be completely dried, with the lid off so the driver is able to see inside the can. Dry latex paint by leaving lid off or open and/or mix kitty litter until the paint is completely absorbed. Do not place out for collection until the paint is completely dry.
Alkaline batteries are considered regular garbage and should be thrown into the garbage. It is always recommended that tape be used on each end of the battery and placed into a plastic sandwich bag when disposing of them.
How do I report a missed pickup?
If your waste, recycling, or landscape waste is not collected on the service day by 6 pm, please contact LRS by calling 844.633.3577 or e-mailing Service@LRSrecycles.com.
Please include your address and what service was missed.
You can also reach out by submitting a support request in the top right-hand section of this webpage.