City of Crystal Lake: Solid Waste & Recycling Collection
LRS is proud to be the preferred waste and recycling partner for Crystal Lake .
In addition to being the exclusive residential waste and recycling hauler for Crystal Lake , many Crystal Lake homeowners are currently in need of dumpster rental, on-site storage, portable bathrooms and street sweeper services. LRS is here to help. We have the most professional and affordable dumpster rental, on-site storage, portable bathrooms and street sweeper services available in Crystal Lake . We offer many different services that all can be customized to meet whatever residential needs you may have.
Crystal Lake Collection Guidelines
- Service will include a 95-gallon toter for unlimited residential trash pick-up and a 65-gallon toter for unlimited recycling. Extra toters are available to rent, contact Prairieland direct for additional toters
- Collection days are Monday thru Friday
Yard Waste pick-up: Curbside pick up ends the second full week of December
E-WASTE: curbside collection occurs twice per year, one in the spring and one in the fall. Please call the city hall for exact dates (TBD). Limit 1 tv or monitor per home, twice a year.
|Newspaper and inserts||Magazine catalogs & phone books||Office paper notebooks|
|Computer printouts||Hanging file folders (remove metal & trash it)||Pastel sticky notes|
|Glossy brochures||Index cards||Greeting cards|
|Stationery||Fax paper||Manila folders|
|Cardboard boxes||Brown paper grocery bags||Paperback books|
- NO used paper plates or pizza boxes, or fluorescent paper (they contaminate the paper stream with food, dye, or plastic coating) If the pizza box top is clean you can tear it off and recycle it.
- NO paper towels, tissues, or napkins, which are not recyclable because the fibers are too small to reuse (please compost them with kitchen food scraps if possible)
- NO Shredded Paper – Loose shredded paper causes major sorting problems in the Recycling Facilities
- NO frozen food boxes, which are made of a hybrid of paper and plastic, and are not wanted by paper mills
- NO paper cups, which are also made of a hybrid of paper and plastic rendering them unrecyclable
Aluminum Cans & Foil
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil
- Pie plates and trays
- Milk, Soup
- Cardboard Egg Cartons
- Juice cartons & boxes
ALL CONTAINERS, BOTTLES OR CANS MUST BE THOROUGHLY RINSED BEFORE PLACING IN RECYCLING CONTAINER
- Food cans and lids
- Metal paint cans and lids
- Empty aerosol cans
Glass Bottle & Jars
- All colors are accepted
- NO window or auto glass, bakeware, ceramics, mirrors, light bulbs, coffee pots or drinking glasses
- Plastic bottles
- Plastic tubs
- Plastic jugs
- NO plastic bags or plastic film (plastic wraps, sandwich bags, freezer bags, tarps)
- NO plastic utensils or plates (plastic wraps, sandwich bags, freezer bags, tarps), cups, lids or straws
- NO candy wrappers, cereal bags, potato chip bags, or snack bags
- NO empty motor oil, pesticide, or chemical bottles
- NO Styrofoam, polystyrene (do not put in curbside bin)
Richmond Yard Waste Collection
- Yard waste pick up will occur on the same day as your regular pick up
- Yard waste season goes from April 1st to second full week of December
Resident Owned Containers & Biodegradable Yard Waste Bags
- Yard Waste is collected in biodegradable Kraft paper bags or resident-owned rigid containers clearly marked “Yard Waste” not exceeding 33-gallons or 50 lbs
Yard Waste Container
- Residents may rent a 95-gallon cart for yard waste collection. No need to buy stickers
Biodegradable Yard Waste Bag
- Yard waste may be placed in a biodegradable “Kraft” style or alike paper bag designed specifically for the collection and disposal of yard waste. Bags may not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
Brush Bundles or Twigs
- Grass clippings, leaves, tree branches and brush, are collected from April 1st through November 30th.
- Brush bundles tied in biodegradable twine may not exceed 4’ (feet) in length, 4” (inches) in width and 50 pounds. Tree limbs may not exceed 4” (inches) in diameter. Unbundled brush will not be collected.
- Please note that sod, dirt, rock, whole trees, limbs greater than 4 inches and stumps are not part of the weekly yard waste program
- Bundled brush is included
- Must be bundled and tied with biodegradable twine or string (no metal) in distinct piles that are no longer than 4ft in length, 2ft in diameter and weighing no more than 50 lbs. with no individual branch being greater than 3 in diameter
Christmas Tree Collection
- Christmas tree pick up runs through to the first full three weeks of January. Trees over 6ft must be cut in half.
- All decorations, stands, etc. must be removed from trees in order to be collected.
- Do not place trees in plastic bags. Trees in plastic bags will not be collected.
Larger Bulk Items
- One bulk item per week will be allowed for pick-up at no additional charge.A bulk item is considered an item the resident would take with them if they moved out of the residence (i.e., couch, small tables, mattress, etc., weighing no more than 50 lbs. or more than 5 feet).
- All bulk items must be at a weight that is manageable for one person to lift (not drag).
Billing & Invoice Options
Auto Payment Option
- The mailing address for payments is:
PO BOX 554892
DETROIT, MI 48255-4892
- To pay online, please visit https://www.lrsrecycles.com/pay-bill/
- The password will be the last 4 digits of your phone number