Lincolnshire: Garbage, Recycling, & Curbside Composting Program
Beginning in January 2022, LRS became the exclusive service provider for the Village of Lincolnshire! We are excited to provide weekly collection services for the garbage, recycling and yard waste services.
LRS/Lincolnshire Stickers will be used for limited program customers on loose bags of trash, yard waste and bulk items.
For our unlimited program customers, there are no stickers required on extra bags of trash placed out curbside for pickup.
Lincolnshire Transition Information Brochure: Click to view or print
- LIMITED TRASH PROGRAM WITH 35 GALLON CART – Cart for recycling in 35, 65 OR 95 GALLONS = $23.58 per month
- LIMITED TRASH PROGRAM WITH 65 GALLON CART – Cart for recycling in 35, 65 OR 95 GALLONS = $22.55 per month
- LIMITED TRASH PROGRAM WITH 95 GALLON CART – Cart for recycling in 35, 65 OR 95 GALLONS = $22.35 per month
UNLIMITED TRASH PROGRAM WITH 95 GALLON CART – Cart for recycling in 35, 65, or 95 gallons = $24.09 per month
For unlimited subscription residents, all garbage bags placed outside of the LRS trash cart do not require a Lincolnshire Waste Sticker per bag.
If you are 65 years of age or older, with verification, you may take advantage of a 10% senior discount by filling out the form at this link. – PDF of Lincolnshire Senior Form
CARTS SHOULD BE PLACED OUT NO LATER THAN 6:00 AM EVERY WEDNESDAY TO ENSURE COLLECTION. SERVICE TIMES MAY VARY.
The Village, in conjunction with LRS, is pleased to offer residents an opportunity to dispose of household goods curbside for fees, on 1 day every year. Our 2023 Clean-Up day will be held on Saturday, April 8th.
Commonly disposed materials include: – Small furniture such as chairs and tables – Carpet and lumber – bundled in lengths not more than four feet long by two feet wide – Construction debris – not more than one cubic yard and weighing less than 50 pounds – Plumbing fixtures – Mattresses and box springs (wrapped in plastic) – Empty water softeners- extra lose bags of trash – Small vehicle parts (under 50 lbs each) drained of any oil and/or gas.
All goods must be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on Saturday, April 8th, and must be a size manageable for one person to lift. However, appliances, electronics, household hazardous waste, and landscape waste will not be accepted by LRS.
ADDITIONAL REFUSE GUIDELINES
Carts may be placed curbside no earlier than 9 PM the day before collection day. To ensure collection, carts must be at the curb by 6 AM on collection day.
RESIDENT OWNED CARTS OR LOOSE TRASH BAGS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS
- Non-LRS containers must have two handles or a grip.
- Non-LRS containers (aka garbage can) may not exceed 33-gallons, or 50 pounds when full.
- Loose garbage bags may not exceed 30 gallons, 50 pounds and must be securely tied.
- LRS does not collect Hazardous Waste or special waste like paint, cleaners, lawn chemicals, auto fluids, and other flammable materials. Please reach out to SWALCO for information on safe and local disposal options.
Bulk items are large items that don’t fit into your LRS garbage cart or non-LRS garbage container. LRS will collect one bulk item per week for no charge. Each additional bulk item requires one LRS Village of Lincolnshire sticker.
- Examples of bulk items include a table, chair, mattress, bed frame, box spring, fixture, large picture or frame, toy, or carpet rolls.
- Bulk Items must be a manageable weight for a service driver to lift into collection bucket. Please notify LRS for items exceeding 50lbs in weight or 4x4x4.
- Mattresses must be enclosed in a plastic mattress cover or be completely covered in plastic for health and safety reasons. Plastic mattress covers are available at hardware stores and other retail outlets including Walmart, Target, Ace Hardware, Lowes, Home Depot and storage facilities.
- Construction Debris may be placed in LRS Garbage Cart, non-LRS container not to exceed 33-gallons or secured in tied bundles not to exceed 4 feet long, 2 feet wide, and 2 feet high.
- Carpet Rolls must be tied in rolls not to exceed 4 feet in length, or 18 inches in diameter.
- White Goods (washing machines, dryers…) are collected at a flat rate per item curbside, by scheduling pick-up service (see white good appliance collection section below).
A recycle cart and collection service is offered with each program option. There is no additional charge for one recycle cart and weekly collection service.
- Recyclables are collected on the same day of the week as the garbage and yard waste.
- There is no additional charge for the recycling service.
- Recycle carts are available in three sizes (95-gallon, 65-gallon and 35-gallon).
- The default recycle cart size provided for Lincolnshire homes is a 95-gallon recycle cart.
- You are to use the LRS issued cart first for recycled materials.
- There is no limit to the amount of acceptable recycle items that can be placed out for collection, provided it’s properly prepared and containerized. No stickers are needed for properly prepared recycling materials placed outside of the cart. See guidelines found in “Additional Recycle Guidelines.”
Please be sure to properly prepare acceptable materials before placing them in your recycle cart using the guidelines found in “Additional Recycle Guidelines.”
Remove metal clips and rings, notebook spirals, three-ring binders and industrial size staples. Envelopes with cellophane windows are accepted.
- Newspaper and inserts
- Magazines, catalogs and phone books
- Office paper, notebooks, computer printouts, hanging file folders, pastel-colored sticky notes (no fluorescent), glossy brochures, index cards, greeting cards, stationery, fax paper, manila folders and envelopes
- Junk mail
- Chipboard/paperboard – cereal, cracker, tissue, shoe, gift and 6/12-pack boxes, paper towel tubes and egg cartons
- Cardboard boxes must be flattened and cut
- Brown paper grocery bags
- Paperback books (no hardcover books)
- Empty and Rinse, Labels may be left on
- Food cans and lids
- Metal paint cans and lids (must be empty and dry, some dried paint residue is fine)
- Metal lids are recyclable
- Empty, Rinse, Do not crush or flatten, Leave caps and tabs on
- Food and Drink Cartons
- Milk, Soup and Juice
ALUMINUM CANS & FOIL
- Empty, Rinse, Do not crush or flatten
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil (ball clean foil to 2 inches or larger, no flat foil or small balled up foil)
- Pie plates & trays
GLASS BOTTLES & JARS
- Empty, Rinse, Labels are ok to leave on
- All glass colors are accepted
- Leave plastic screw-top caps on empty bottles and jars
- Empty and rinse; labels may be left on
- Bottles include: Water, soda, juice, laundry detergent, soap/shampoo,health and beauty products and cleaners
- Tubs include: Coffee, tofu, cottage cheese, yogurt, margarine tubs, fruit or lettuce
- Jugs include: Milk and juice
- Jars include: Mayo, Peanut butter
ADDITIONAL RECYCLE GUIDELINES
- All items must be placed out for collection by 6 AM on collection day.
- LRS Recycle Carts must be used for recyclable materials. Non-LRS containers are only used for additional recyclables.
Non-LRS containers used for recycle materials must meet the following requirements:
- Containers must have two handles or a grip
- Recyclable materials must be contained inside the container and not exceeding capacity.
- Recycle containers are required to have a lid.
- Non-LRS containers may not exceed 33-gallons or 50 pounds when full.
- Yard waste season is April 1st through December 15th of each year; collected on the same day of the week as garbage and recycling.
- There is no limit to the amount of yard waste that may be placed out for collection provided it’s properly prepared and paid for in accordance with the program option selected.
- Organic Food Scrap may be mixed with yard waste and includes bread, cereal, coffee grounds, dairy, eggshells, eggs, fruits, grain, pasta shells and vegetables.
- Each landscape waste bag or non-LRS container must have one Lincolnshire Waste Sticker affixed to it for collection.
- A subscription program will also be offered at a flat annual rate (subject to increase each year), which includes delivery and use of an LRS specific organics cart and an unlimited amount of additional materials collected each week, during the 8 and a half month season.
NON-LRS CONTAINERS (AKA GARBAGE CAN) OR LANDSCAPE WASTE BAGS USED FOR YARD WASTE MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Containers must have two handles or a grip.
- Yard Waste must be placed inside the container and not exceed capacity.
- Non-LRS containers may not exceed 33-gallons or 50 pounds when full.
- Yard Waste bags are to be a minimum of 2-ply, biodegradable paper, not to exceed 30 gallons or 50 pounds when full.
- Yard Waste Brush Bundles or Limbs may not exceed 4 inches long, 2 feet in diameter, and may not contain limbs greater than 4 inches in diameter.
- Yard Waste Bundles must be tied with biodegradable twine or string.
- Stumps or root balls should be bagged and thrown into regular garbage. For extra-large stumps or root balls, contact LRS for a special collection, or a local landscape company.
- Christmas Tree Collection will occur during the entire month of January curbside at no charge. Trees longer than 7’ must be cut in half. Trees must be completely free of all decorations and may not be in plastic bags.
LRS/Lincolnshire Waste Stickers are used for garbage or yard waste outside of LRS cart(s), loose garbage bags, bulk items and yard waste bags or non-LRS 33-gallon containers
- The new LRS/Lincolnshire Waste Sticker rate will be $3.08 on January 1, 2023
Waste Stickers are used for garbage or yard waste outside of LRS cart(s), loose garbage bags, bulk items, yard waste bags or personal 33-gallon containers, and more than one white good appliance.
STICKERS – SOLD AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- Village Hall – 1 Olde Half Day Rd.
- Heinen’s – 2503 Waukegan Rd.
- Sunset Foods- 825 S Waukegan Rd, Lake Forest, IL 60045
LRS will provide 4 (quarterly) electronic waste home collections for Lincolnshire single-family homes, every year participating in the program. There will be no charge for this added service.
Residents will be required to submit a request online by clicking the electronic waste button above to confirm your e-waste collection. All requests will be accepted year round and must be submitted no later than the Thursday prior to the collection date. If a request is submitted after the deadline it will be scheduled for pickup during the following quarter.
LRS may provide an estimate for a special handling fee of E-Waste exceeding weight or size limitations. If you would like to inquire about an estimate, please e-mail: Service@LRSrecycles.com or call us at 844-633-3577
Quarterly Electronics Recycling Dates:
- Saturday February 25, 2023 (Deadline to submit request : February 23, 2023)
- Saturday May 27, 2023 (Deadline to submit request : May 25, 2023)
- Saturday August 19, 2023 (Deadline to submit request : August 17, 2023)
- Saturday November 18, 2023 (Deadline to submit request : November 16, 2023)
Electronic Waste (E-Waste) includes the following landfill banned electronics:
- Cable Receivers
- Cellular Phones
- Computers (desktop, laptop, notebook, tablet)
- Digital Converter Boxes
- Digital Video Disc Players
- Digital Video Disc Recorders
- Electronic Keyboards
- Electronic Mice
- Facsimile Machines
- Portable Digital Music Players
- Satellite Receivers
- Small Scale Servers
- TV’s and Monitors
- Videocassette Recorders
- Video Game Consoles
Auto-pay and paperless billing will need to be established new with LRS. This cannot be done until after you receive your first invoice by mail. Instructions will be provided with your first LRS invoice. LRS bills in advance on a quarterly basis every January, April, July and October.
- Invoices will be sent to your SERVICE ADDRESS unless you provide LRS with a different mailing address.
- Paperless Billing is available by registering online at LRSrecycles.com/pay-bill
Some appliances require special handling as they may contain harmful chemicals or they need to be recycled at a special location. Call 844-633-3577 or E-mail LRS Customer Service at Service@LRSrecycles.com to schedule a white good collection. LRS will collect one white good appliance per week at an agreed upon flat rate prescheduled with customer service.
EXAMPLES OF WHITE GOODS OR APPLIANCES:
- Air Conditioner
- Clothes Dryer
- Cook Top and Cooking Plate
- Cooker or Bakers Oven
- Drying Cabinet
- Kitchen Stove or Oven Range
- Microwave Oven
- Refrigerator or Refrigeration equipment
- Washing Machine
- Water Heater
JULY 22ND, 2023 9 AM UNTIL NOON AT VILLAGE HALL
LRS will provide fall leaf collection to the community between the dates of 10/23/23-11/27/23. Further information can be found on the Villages website this fall.