Unincorporated Blackberry Township Residential Garbage, Recycling and Yard-Waste Collection Program
LRS provides Unincorporated Blackberry Township residents with services for refuse (garbage), recycling and yard waste. LRS offers many other services for Unincorporated Blackberry Township residents including bi-annual electronic waste recycling and disposal, organic food scrap compost service, leaf collection program, portable restrooms, and large, open top construction style containers. We are proud to be a partner in your community!
For more information on the required number of stickers or scheduling collection for specific items or material types, please click on one of the tabs below.
Collection day for Unincorporated Blackberry Township residents will fall on Monday through Friday. LRS has teams on the roads starting at 6am till 7pm on the designated service day. Please have all items to the curb by 6am to ensure service. All garbage, recycling and yard waste will be collected on your scheduled service day. Service times are subject to change and are not guaranteed.
Unincorporated Blackberry Township residents may select between three program options for garbage collection. Program options include a three-cart program, two cart program and a one cart program. For more information on the program(s) offered, please read below.
PICK UP DAY MAP
Three Cart Program
Unincorporated Blackberry Township residents would get the opportunity to choose to have either a 65-gallon trash container or a 95-gallon trash container. This would also include a recycling container and a yard waste container that we offer 65-gallon in or 95-gallon containers.
Two Cart Program
Unincorporated Blackberry Township residents can choose from having a trash container and a recycling container delivered to their residency to be serviced one time a week. Residents can choose from having a 65-gallon container or 95-gallon containers for trash and recycling services.
One Cart Program
Unincorporated Blackberry Township residents may also choose to have a sticker-based service. This would require a personal non-LRS owned container to be used for trash services. The personal container would need to be 35-gallon or less with two handles and cannot weigh more than 50lbs when full. The personal container would need to have a waste sticker attached to it for the team to service. Recycling containers will be provided and may be chosen from a 65-gallon or a 95-gallon container.
Monthly Program Rates
The three cart and two cart programs require a Mill Creek/Unincorporated Blackberry Township Waste Sticker for garbage and yard waste placed outside of the LRS containers.
- 3 CARTS – Cart for recyclables, garbage & yard waste = $20.60/MO
- 2 CARTS – Cart for recyclables & garbage, stickers required for yard waste = $17.60/MO
- 1 CART – Cart for recyclables only – Must pay for each bag and container of garbage/yard waste
LRS provides one cart for recycling at no charge for each household. Each household can choose from either a 65 gallon or a 95 gallon recycling container. Recycling is serviced on the same day as trash and on a one truck pass. The same truck that services your trash, has a split body to collect recyclables as well. Additional recycling carts are available upon request to customer service. Contact LRS customer service for more information or with questions regarding recycling.
- Recyclables are collected on the same day of the week as the garbage and yard waste
- You are to use the LRS issued cart first for recycled materials
- There is no limit to the amount of acceptable recyclable items that can be placed out for collection, provided they are properly prepared and contained
- LRS suggests using a cardboard box as a makeshift bin and placing all broken down materials in the ‘bin’ if needed
- Please MARK the additional box or container used as RECYCLE so the driver can clearly see it
- Plastic bags with recycling material will not be accepted
- Shredded paper is not considered recyclable material, please contact the customer service department for further disposal options
- Rental recycling bins are available upon request to customer service
Yard waste is collected seasonally beginning on April 1st through December 16th on the same day as garbage and recyclables. LRS also allows organic food scraps to be mixed into yard waste during the season.
Unincorporated Blackberry Township residents can have their yard waste removed with one sticker attached to each loose Kraft bag or personal container. The personal container would need to have 2 handles and be 35 gallon in capacity of less and labeled as Yard Waste. Each bag and personal container would need to be under 50lbs in weight to be serviced by the driver.
What is Considered Yard Waste?
Yard waste is garden trimmings, branches and brush under two inches (2”) in diameter not exceeding 4’ in length, leaves, flowers, tree droppings (crabapples and pinecones), garden plants, vines, weeds, grass clippings and yard trimmings.
What are considered acceptable food scraps?
Bread, cereal, coffee grounds, dairy, eggshells, eggs, fruits, grain, pasta, shells, vegetables
Approved yard waste containers and bags
- 2-ply, biodegradable yard waste bags or personal containers placed out for collection on the service day.
- Non-LRS containers must have two handles or a grip
- Garbage must be contained and fit inside the container when full
- Non-LRS containers may not exceed 35-gallons
- Personal cans/containers labeled YARD WASTE and weighing less than 50lbs when full.
- Brush and branches must be bundled and tied with biodegradable twine or string (no metal). Each bundle must be no longer than 4’ in length, 2’ in diameter, weighing no more than 50lbs.
- Individual branches must be no larger than 2” in diameter, weighing no more than 50lbs.
- Stumps or root balls should be bagged and thrown into regular garbage. For extra-large stumps or root balls, contact LRS for a special collection, or a local landscape company
LRS will be picking up live Christmas trees for the first two weeks of January. Residents must set trees out curbside with their trash and recycling on their regular day of service. Any Christmas trees that needed to be removed after two weeks would need to have on sticker attached to have it serviced.
- Live Christmas trees will be collected on residents’ garbage collection day.
- No refuse sticker is needed through the first two weeks of January.
- After the first two weeks in January, each tree would need one sticker attached.
- Please remove all hard materials from the tree prior to disposal, including ornaments, nails, stands, etc.
- All wreaths and roping must be included with normal trash on residents’ normal collection day
Residents must place the trees outside with their trash no later than 6 a.m. on their scheduled refuse pickup day. To ensure the timeliness and integrity of the schedule, LRS crews will not return for special pickups. Once a street has been completed, trees will not be collected until the following week.
WASTE STICKERS ARE USED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Rate is $2.89 with a yearly increase on November 1st
- Garbage or yard waste outside of LRS cart
- Each approved loose garbage bag or non-LRS (personally owned) container
- More than one Bulk item(s)
- Each approved yard waste bag or non-LRS (personally owned) container
- More than one Appliance
Waste Sticker Available Retail Locations:
Jewel – 2073 Prairie Street – St. Charles
Jewel – 119 S Randall Rd, Batavia
Meijer – 855 S Randall Rd – St. Charles
- Mill Creek Market – 39W250 Herrington Blvd, Geneva
Bulk items (that do not fit into your garbage cart) are collected loose, on your regular day of service. Residents can have one free bulk item removed each service day. Anything additional would need to be prescheduled and prepaid to have it removed. If an item exceeds 50lbs, or does not fit in the trash cart, residents need to call LRS to schedule a special pickup. If a bulk item is considered hazardous, unacceptable for landfills or deemed unacceptable to take as garbage, the item(s) will not be taken.
Mattresses and box/bed springs must be enclosed in a plastic mattress cover and taped securely shut. Plastic mattress covers may be purchased at retail outlets such as Walmart, Lowes, Menards, Home Depot and storage unit facilities. Packaging wrap or trash bags cut up and taped around to cover a mattress or box spring are also acceptable options.
Each bulk item is required to be prescheduled and prepaid to LRS.
Electronic Waste (E-Waste) are items that are banned from the landfill (cannot go into the regular garbage).
LRS provides home collection of E-Waste for Unincorporated Blackberry Township residents that have LRS waste and recycling collection. This service provides a more convenient and simple way to responsibly manage electronics that are banned from the landfill. Scheduling items to be removed will take place bi-annually with no charge.
Residents will be requiring submitting a request online (on this webpage) to receive an E-Waste collection. Requests will be accepted beginning one month before each event and must be submitted the Thursday by 5pm prior to collection week.
- Seven (7) item limit including only one (1) TV and/or (1) Monitor
- TV’s may not exceed 60” (inches) or 100 pounds
LRS may provide an estimate for a special handling fee of E-Waste exceeding limitations. If you would like to inquire about an estimate, please e-mail: Service@LRSrecycles.com or call LRS Customer Service.
Examples of E-Waste
Computers | Computer Monitors | Televisions | Printers | Keyboards | Fax Machines | VCR’S | Portable Digital Music Players | DVD Player | Video Game Consoles | Computer Mouse | Scanners | Digital Converter Boxes | Cable Receivers | Satellite Receivers | DVD Recorders | Small-Scale Servers
FUTURE COLLECTION DATES
2024 | MARCH 4-6 / OCTOBER 7-9
2025 | MARCH 3-5 / OCTOBER 6-8
2026 | MARCH 2-4 / OCTOBER 5-7
According to the EPA, Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) are products that are highly toxic or can catch fire, react or explode under certain circumstances. All HHW items are banned from the landfill and will not be collected with curbside collection. LRS encourages residents to take advantage of the drop-off facilities and additional options provided by Kane County.
For curbside service though Kane County, enrollment entitles residents to one free home pick up of HHW per household per year. Service must be booked directly with Kane County’s HHW service provider. Please see this page for details and the most up to date information: Pages – Kane County Recycles – Household Hazardous Waste (countyofkane.org)
Below is also a list of nearby drop-off facilities for HHW:
- Naperville, 156 Fort Hill Drive (immediately North of Naperville Public Works),
Hours: Saturdays 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Sundays 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Examples of HHW:
- Oil Based Paints, Flammable Oils
- Oil, Lead, Urethane, Chromium Based Paints, Shellac, Water or Driveway Sealer, Oil-Based Stain, Varnish
- Pesticides / Herbicides / Fertilizers
- Poison, Lawn Chemicals, Weed Killer
- Spray-Paint, Hairspray, WD-40, Air Fresheners, Spray Adhesives, Oven Cleaner, Insecticide Bug Spray
- Automotive Chemicals / Fluids
- Antifreeze, Brake or Transmission Fluid, Gasoline, Diesel, Motor Oil
- Household Cleaners (Acidic/Caustic)
- Bleach, Ammonia, Muriatic Acids, Pool Cleaners, Drain Cleaners, Solvents, Paint Stripper or Thinner
- Bulbs / Batteries
- Fluorescent bulbs, CFL, NiCad, Lithium, Lead Acid, – Automotive, Marine and Sump Pump Batteries
“White Goods” are appliances that contain CFC, HCFC, PCBs, mercury switches or other hazardous components (refrigerators, air conditioners, humidifiers etc). These items will be taken but will need to be free of the above referenced material and required to be prescheduled and prepaid to LRS customer service.
Examples of White Goods or Appliances
Air Conditioner | Clothes Dryer | Cook Top & Cooking Plate | Cooker or Bakers Oven | Dishwasher | Drying Cabinet | Freezer | Kitchen Stove or Oven Range | Microwave Oven | Refrigerator or Refrigeration Equipment | Washing Machine | Water Heater
Contact LRS at 844.633.3577 or send an e-mail with a photo of the item(s) to Service@LRSrecycles.com for any items you are unsure about. Please include your address and as much detail regarding the item(s) as possible. Items requiring additional labor and/or equipment to manage are a Special Refuse Collection. LRS provides special pick-ups or special collections for large amounts of garbage from a move out, flooded basement or large clean out(s). Examples of Special Refuse Collection items include a sleeper sofa, construction debris item(s), TV console and entertainment center. LRS will provide a cost estimate if we are able to provide the service. LRS does not guarantee collection of every item.
Home remodeling waste includes, but is not limited to drywall, plywood, paneling, lumber, doors, windows, cabinets, porcelain fixtures, sod, fencing, concrete, or rocks will require special pickups. Residents will need to schedule service for these items and call to receive instructions on how to best prepare them for collection. Estimates will be provided, and items will be charged by the yard.
LRS has expanded our temporary services division to create an easier customer experience. These temporary services include portable restroom rental and dumpster roll-offs of all sizes to contain your construction debris.
Contact us today to discover all the ways Lakeshore can make your waste removal even easier, no matter the project.
- LRS bills quarterly in advance
- Invoices will be billed to the Property Owner
- Invoices will be mailed to the service address unless another address is provided
- E-mail billing and auto-pay options are available
- Residents will be able to create an online account once they have an open LRS invoice
- Instructions on how to enroll in auto pay and create and online account can be found below
- Mail payments to:
PO Box 554884
Detroit, MI 48255-4892
ONLINE PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Once you receive your first LRS invoice, you may create an online account through the LRS online payment portal. Through this portal, you can submit payments, register for auto-pay, and view account detail and payment history.
- Click green “PAYBILL” link (top right-hand corner of this page)
- Select Illinois
- Scroll to “ALL OTHER RESIDENTIAL LOCATIONS CLICK HERE”
- Select “I’m New. I need to Create my Account”
- Fill out all requested information. The Customer/Account Number, Invoice Number, and Invoice Total is shown on your invoice
LRS accounts previously set up with auto-pay before the new contract, will need to be re-registered as it will not transfer over to your new account. This can be done securely through the convenient payment portal or call LRS at 844.633.3577.
Auto-pay ensures payments are applied accurately and in real time.
For questions, please email us at Service@LRSrecycles.com or call us at 844.NEED.LRS
New Years Day Independence Day Christmas Day
Memorial Day Thanksgiving Day Labor Day
Holiday service will be provided one day later than regular collection if the holiday falls Sunday through Friday. If the holiday falls on a Saturday, service will not be affected.
For more information, questions and to arrange for services, please call LRS Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. at 844.633.3577 or email Service@LRSrecycles.com.
Improperly prepared materials placed for collection will not be collected.
How do I clean my cart?
Fill the cart with hot water and a capful of vinegar or grease-cutting dish soap. Let it sit for about 10 minutes and rinse. Once the cart has been thoroughly rinsed, set the cart out with the lid open in the sun to dry.
What if I need my cart replaced?
Carts that are broken due to damage incurred during the collection are reported by the driver for replacement at no charge. Residents are encouraged to contact LRS if they notice damage to the cart during the collection process to request a replacement cart.
If damage occurs to the cart due to other reasons, please contact LRS to request a replacement cart.
Is this considered garbage?
Latex paint is considered regular garbage, but it must be completely dried, with the lid off so the driver is able to see inside the can. Dry latex paint by leaving lid off or open and/or mix kitty litter until the paint is completely absorbed. Do not place out for collection until the paint is completely dry.
Alkaline batteries are considered regular garbage and should be thrown into the garbage. It is always recommended that tape be used on each end of the battery and placed into a plastic sandwich bag when disposing of them.
How do I report a missed pickup?
If your waste, recycling, or landscape waste is not collected on the service day by 6 pm, please contact LRS by calling 844.633.3577 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your address and what service was missed.
You can also reach out by submitting a support request in the top right-hand section of this webpage.