Village of Kaneville Residential Waste, Recycling & Yard Waste Services
LRS is honored to provide Kaneville homes with weekly waste and recycling services, seasonal monthly yard waste services, bulk item collection and twice a year appliances collection.
PICK UP DAY AND TIME
- Tuesday is pickup day
- All materials must be placed curbside by 7AM.
- Service times may vary
NEW RESIDENT OR MOVING OUT
- Contact LRS to notify if moving out or to establish service by calling 844-633-3577
- Send an email request with your address, phone number and preferred email to Service@LRSrecycles.com
CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Email | Service@LRSrecycles.com
- Customer Service | 844-633-3577
There’s no limit to the amount of garbage that can be placed out for collection so long as it meets collection criteria.
- LRS containers must be used first
- Excess garbage may be placed in your own personal container
- Standard loose (13 to 30 gallons) garbage bags are accepted
- Bulk items that don’t exceed 50 LBS are accepted
- Individual items/containers placed out may not exceed 50 LBS
- Loose trash or loose piles of trash will not be collected
- Do not overstuff carts
- Completely close lids to avoid blowing debris
95 GALLON CARTS
- Each home receives a 95-gallon cart for waste
- Optional 65-gallon carts available upon request
- Contact LRS Customer Service if you have items over 50 LBS to arrange for an estimate for a special pick up and schedule collection.
LRS will collect small quantities of construction material placed out that meets the following criteria:
- Containerized in LRS garbage cart
- Non-LRS containers not to exceed 35 gallons or 50 LBS with two handles
- Loose piles of construction debris will not be accepted
- Up to 2 cubic yards or 5 containers not exceeding 35 gallons and 50 LBS each when full
Bundled construction debris requirements:
- May not exceed 50 LBS
- May not exceed 4’L x 4’W x 2’H
- Must be tied and secured on both ends
Optional yard waste and organic collection is available by subscription and runs April through November, collected on the last Tuesday of each month.
- Program cost is $150.00 per season
- Contact LRS customer service for more information and to establish yard waste service at 844-633-3577
- Yard waste/organic cart is available for an additional $3.00 per month
- LRS does not pro-rate or provide refunds for this optional service
Accepted yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, branches and brush and other yard and garden trimmings, vines, garden plants and flowers, weeds, tree droppings (pinecones and crabapples) and other similar organic waste materials accumulated as a result of lawn maintenance of shrubbery, vines, trees and gardens.
Organic food scrap may be mixed in with yard waste during the yard waste season. Organic Food Scrap includes bread, cereal, coffee grounds, dairy, egg shells, eggs, fruits, grain, pasta, shells, and vegetables.
Unaccepted materials with yard waste and organics collection include sod, dirt, Christmas trees and wreath greenery/garland.
NON-LRS RESIDENT OWNED CONTAINERS may be used so long as they meet the following criteria:
- Must have two handles
- May not exceed 35-gallons, when full
- Mark with an “X” or “YARD WASTE in large permanent marker
- Minimum 2-ply biodegradable lawn, landscape, yard waste bags
- Containers and bags may not exceed the 50 LBS each
WHITE GOOD (APPLIANCE) COLLECTION
Appliances are collected twice per year in May and October.
Appliances, such as a washer, dryer, refrigerator, stove, water softener, heater, or freezer, are restricted from regular garbage collection. LRS provides white good appliance collection twice per year. The special collection will take place every year the last full week of May and the last full week of October, on collection day.
WHITE GOOD APPLIANCE COLLECTION DATES AND REQUEST CUT-OFF DATES
|Request Deadline: NOTIFY LRS before 5 pm|
on the following dates
|Thursday, May 23, 2024||Tuesday, May 28, 2024|
|Thursday, October 17, 2024||Tuesday, October 22, 2024|
|Thursday, May 22, 2025||Tuesday, May 27, 2025|
|Thursday, October 23, 2025||Tuesday, October 28, 2025|
|Thursday, May 21, 2026||Tuesday, May 26, 2026|
|Thursday, October 22, 2026||Tuesday, October 27, 2026|
|Thursday, May, 20 2027||Tuesday, May 25, 2027|
|Thursday, October 21, 2027||Tuesday, October 26, 2027|
|Thursday, May 18, 2028||Tuesday, May 23, 2028|
|Thursday, October 19, 2028||Tuesday, October 24, 2028|
|Thursday, May 17, 2029||Tuesday, May 22, 2029|
|Thursday, October 18, 2029||Tuesday, October 23, 2029|
|Thursday, May 23, 2030||Tuesday, May 28, 2030|
|Thursday, October 17, 2030||Tuesday, October 22, 2030|
|Thursday, May 22 2031||Tuesday, May 27, 2031|
Submit request by calling or emailing Customer Service by the deadline. If you’d like to request an appliance collection on a different day other than the one offered in May and October, please call our customer service to receive an estimate and arrange for collection.
- E-Mail | Service@LRSrecycles.com
- Customer Service | 844-633-3577
WHITE GOODS (APPLIANCES) INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Air Conditioner
- Clothes Dryer
- Kitchen Stove
- Water Heater
- Washing Machine
- Trash Compactor
- Microwave Oven
- Induction Cooker
Bills are sent in advance on a quarterly basis in the months of January, April, July, and October. The optional Yard Waste and Organics Subscription Program is invoiced in advance with the April invoice.
LRS offers an auto-pay option for residents who choose to establish this method of payment. Once you receive an invoice from LRS, you may choose this option. If you would like to elect for auto pay, you may do so by going to Payments@LRSrecycles.com. New users will create a user name and password.
The mailing address for payments is:
PO BOX 554884
DETROIT, MI 48255-4884
To pay online, please visit: LRSrecycles.com/pay-bill/
Late fees apply for payments received 30 days after the due date and service may be suspended until full payment is received.
ANNUAL JANUARY RATE INCREASES
A pre-negotiated, annual rate increase will apply each January 1st through January 1, 2024.