City of Jonesville: Garbage, Recycling, Bulk Collection Program
LRS has been the village’s exclusive residential service provider for curbside waste, recycling and Bulk for Jonesville homes.
Each home can elect to receive two carts, one for waste and one for recycling. There is no cost for the carts. Carts are available 96-gallon size.
Garbage, recycling and bulk item shall be placed curbside the day of collection no later than 6 a.m. to ensure they are collected.
Waste collection will continue Tuesday on a weekly basis.
In addition to curbside waste collection, LRS offers a variety of other waste services.
Bulk Items / Excess Garbage
Bulk items will be collected if each item is under 50 pounds. Items must be placed Curbside the day of collection. Resident will be billed separately.
For health and safety reasons, mattresses and box springs are requested to be wrapped in plastic to be collected at the curb/street side. Plastic mattress wrap can be found at local grocery stores, hardware stores, storage and moving outlets. If using loose plastic, it must be completely taped and secured on all corners with no exposure to the mattress.
If you are looking to dispose of a toilet, we do ask, for safety of the team due to the weight, for the item to please be separated (i.e. the bowl and the tank pulled apart in two parts).
For items that do not fit the above criteria, LRS will provide service as needed, scheduled at an agreed upon per-yard basis. This service will be upon request, and billed separately.
Additional waste carts are available for a small monthly rental fee. Please contact LRS to do so. Michigan Jackson location phone – 888-788-9097
LRS will provide residents with one recycling cart that will be collected weekly on Wednesday. Residents may place out as many recyclable items as they wish each week for collection. Recyclable material that won’t fit in recycling carts may be placed at the side of the cart. Larger or bulky boxes must be broken down before collection.
Please be sure to properly prepare acceptable materials before placing them in your recycle cart using the guidelines found in “Additional Recycle Guidelines.”
- Newspaper & inserts, Magazines, Catalogs & Phone books
- Computer printouts
- Hanging file folders (remove metal and trash it)
- Glossy brochures
- Index cards
- Stationery fax paper
- Junk mail
- Cardboard boxes
- Brown paper grocery bags
- Office paper/notebooks
- Pastel sticky notes
- Greeting cards
- Manila Folders
- Paperback books
Recyclable items must be clean.
- NO used paper plates or pizza boxes, or fluorescent paper (they contaminate the paper stream with food, dye, or plastic coating). If pizza box top is clean you can tear it off and recycle it.
- NO paper towels, tissues, or napkins, which are not recyclable because the fibers are too small to reuse (please compost them with kitchen food scraps if possible).
- NO shredded paper – Loose shredded paper causes major sorting problems in the recycling facilities.
- NO frozen food boxes, which are made of a hybrid of paper and plastic, and are not wanted by paper mills.
- NO paper cups, which are also made of a hybrid of paper and plastic rendering them unrecyclable.
Plastic bottles, Plastic tubs and Plastic jugs
- NO plastic bags or plastic film (plastic wraps, sandwich bags, freezer bags, tarps).
- NO plastic utensils or plates (plastic wraps, sandwich bags, freezer bags, tarps, cups, lids or straws).
- NO candy wrappers, cereal bags, potato chip bags or snack bags.
- NO empty motor oil, pesticide or chemical bottles.
- NO Styrofoam, polystyrene (do not put in curbside bin).
- Empty, Rinse, Do not crush or flatten, Leave caps and tabs on
- Food and Drink Cartons
- Milk, Soup and Juice
Aluminum Cans & Foil
- Empty, Rinse, Do not crush or flatten
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil (ball clean foil to 2 inches or larger, no flat foil or small balled up foil
- Pie plates & trays
Glass Bottles & Jars
- All colors are accepted
- NO window or auto glass, bakeware, ceramics, mirrors, light bulbs, coffee pots or drinking glasses.