COLLECTION Service program options
Mill Creek residents may choose from three different options for residential household collection of refuse. In order to receive any other service offered with this program, you must select from one of the following three service options:
THREE CART PROGRAM
Recycle, Garbage and Yard Waste Carts
Includes three carts: one 65-gallon recycling cart, one 95-gallon garbage cart, and one 65 or 95-gallon yard waste cart for a flat monthly rate billed quarterly, in advance of the service. One Mill Creek Waste Sticker is required for each garbage or yard waste bags or containers (each) in excess of the LRS carts provided.
TWO CART PROGRAM
Recycle and Garbage Cart
Includes one 65-gallon recycling cart and one 95-gallon trash cart for a flat monthly rate billed quarterly, in advance of service. One Mill Creek Waste Sticker is required for each yard waste bag and any bag or container in excess of the LRS carts provided.
ONE CART PROGRAM
Includes one 65-gallon recycling cart (no monthly charge). One Mill Creek Waste Sticker is required for each garbage or yard waste bag or container placed out for collection.
ADDITIONAL REFUSE GUIDELINES
All items need to be placed out for collection by 6 AM on collection day to ensure collection.
Non-LRS containers or loose bags used for garbage must meet the following requirements:
- Non-LRS containers must have two handles or a grip.
- Garbage must be contained and fit inside the container when full.
- Non-LRS containers (aka garbage can) may not exceed 33-gallons, or 50 pounds when full.
- Loose garbage bags may not exceed 30 gallons, 50 pounds and must be securely tied.
- LRS does not collect Hazardous Waste, like paint, cleaners, lawn chemicals, auto fluids, and other flammable materials. These can be collected from your home via a special free program offered by Kane County for Mill Creek residents. Please click here for more information on how to schedule a pickup.
Bulk Items are large items that don’t fit into your LRS Garbage Cart or non-LRS garbage container. LRS will collect one bulk item per week for no charge. Each additional bulk item requires one Mill Creek Waste Sticker.
- Examples of bulk items include a table, chair, mattress, bed frame, box spring, fixture, large picture or frame, toy, or carpet rolls.
- Bulk Items must be a manageable weight for a service driver to lift into collection bucket. Please notify LRS for items exceeding 50lbs in weight or 4x4x4.
- Mattresses must be enclosed in a plastic mattress cover or be completely covered in plastic for health and safety reasons. Plastic Mattress Covers are available at hardware stores and other retail outlets such as Walmart, Target, Ace Hardware, Lowes, Home Depot and storage facilities.
- Construction Debris may be placed in LRS Garbage Cart, non-LRS container not to exceed 33-gallons or secured in tied bundles not to exceed 4 feet long, 2 feet wide, and 2 feet high.
- Carpet Rolls must be tied in rolls not to exceed 4 feet in length, or 18 inches in diameter.
- White Goods, like washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, and freezers are collected free of charge (limit is one per week) by making an appointment; see White Good Appliance Collection section below.