20 Nov Moving? It’s Time to Make a Choice in Waste Collection
Moving day is getting closer by the minute and you haven’t even started to pack up your home or business. While moving day may be approaching quickly, you still have time to minimize the amount of waste you generate during your move.
Here are some simple tips to keep waste to a minimum when you’re moving your household or your business to a new location:
- Repurpose Used Shipping Boxes: In many cases, you can avoid having to purchase new shipping boxes simply by asking local retailers to save the boxes their goods are transported in for you. Just remember to pick them up regularly so the retailers will still have ample space to store the items they sell. Grocery stores and “big box” stores are normally great sources to find large used boxes.
- Use the Packing Materials On Hand: While you may be used to buying new packing materials to wrap fragile things, you can often find materials that will do the trick in your home or business. Old newspapers, towels and clothing are just as effective at keeping delicate objects safe during a move.
- Use Containers You Already Own: If you already have suitcases, backpacks and plastic bins, use them to pack up and transport your things. Doing this will save space and reduce the number of cardboard boxes you’ll need.
- Sell or Donate Unwanted Items: Transporting things you don’t want to a new location is simply a waste of time, effort and resources. Go through your belongings before you move and sell or donate the things you don’t want.
- Repurpose or Recycle Your Moving Supplies: Once your move is complete, make it a point to repurpose or recycle your moving supplies. If you don’t know anyone who needs your boxes, break them down and put them in your recycling bin for pickup. If you used towels to wrap your fragile possessions, donate them to a local animal shelter so they can be used in crates or for cleaning.
Choosing a Waste Collection and Recycling Company
Depending on where you’re moving, you may be able to choose the waste collection and recycling company that serves your home or business. Selecting the right waste collection and recycling company is one way you can minimize the amount of waste you generate long beyond the time it takes you to relocate.
If you’re moving to the Windy City, you’ll want to choose Lakeshore Recycling Systems for your waste removal and recycling needs because we offer a long list of valuable services at affordable prices. For more than 20 years, we have proudly offered local waste services in Chicago and surrounding areas and we look forward to serving you.
Here are some of the services we provide for homeowners and commercial properties in the Chicagoland area:
- Waste Services
- Recycling Services
- Organics Collection
- Roll-Off Services
- Bulk Pickups
At Lakeshore Recycling Systems, we are as dedicated to the local environment as we are to the environment at large and our commitment shows in the variety of services we provide. We’re just as committed to our valued clients and we look forward to serving you for years to come.
To learn more about our local Chicago waste and recycling services, contact Lakeshore Recycling Systems today.