City of Mchenry Solid Waste & Collection
LRS is proud to be the preferred waste and recycling partner for McHenry.
In addition to being the exclusive residential waste and recycling hauler for McHenry, many McHenry homeowners are currently in need of dumpster rental, on-site storage, portable bathrooms and street sweeper services. LRS is here to help. We have the most professional and affordable dumpster rental, on-site storage, portable bathrooms and street sweeper services available in McHenry. We offer many different services that all can be customized to meet whatever residential needs you may have
Trash/Refuse Subscription Service
- Service will include trash and recycle toters for unlimited trash and recycling.
- Additional trash is accepted in resident owned containers, not weighing more than 50 pounds per can.
- Extra trash/recycle toters may be rented for a monthly fee.
- Place garbage and recycling cans next to each other to accommodate our One-pass truck.
- One bulk item per week will be allowed for pick-up at no additional charge. A bulk item is considered an item the resident would take with them if they moved out of the residence (i.e., couch, small tables, mattress, etc., weighing no more than 50 lbs. or more than 5 feet).
- All bulk items must be at a weight that is manageable for one person to lift (not drag).
- Consider donating usable clothing, furniture, toys, appliances, etc. to local charities.
Unacceptable Bulk Items
These bulk items left at curb will not be picked up:
- Items longer than five feet in length
- Items weighing more than 50 pounds
- Yard waste
- Household refuse
- Rocks, concrete and construction materials including roofing materials and lumber
- Large appliances such as freezers, refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, dryers, etc. even if broken up, cut up, crushed or flattened
- Any items that could be recycled as noted previously
- Any type of metal post, pipe, swing set, antenna, etc.
- Electronic waste, or e-waste such as computer equipment, televisions, etc.
Carpeting & Construction Waste
Mchenry Yard Waste Curbside Collection
As a reminder, Yard Waste Curbside Collection Program details are as follows:
- Residents may use either 2-ply, 50# weight kraft paper bags or garbage type cans which do not exceed 33 gallons in size with a maximum weight of 50 pounds per container. To make the containers more visible, please mark the containers with a large X or YW. No plastic bags are allowed.
- Branches must be bundled to a maximum length of 5 feet, a maximum of 2 feet in diameter, and a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Pickup of yard waste materials is on the same day as the resident’s refuse pickup day.
- ACCEPTABLE MATERIALS: grass clippings, leaves, branches 3 inches in diameter or less, brush, garden plants, flowers, weeds, bark pieces, pinecones.
- MATERIALS NOT ALLOWED: tree trunks & stumps, branches larger than 3 inches in diameter, fence posts, railroad ties, firewood, rocks, sod or dirt.
Yard Waste drop-off Facility:
Will be open on Saturdays from 7 a.m. until noon at Knox Park. There is no fee for this service, but all vehicles must display a current City vehicle sticker. Times are strictly enforced. No plastic or biodegradable plastic, paper bags only.
Brush & Tree Trimmings
Bundled brush is included, one yard waste sticker must be attached to each bundle. Must be bundled and tied with biodegradable twine or string (no metal) in distinct piles that are no longer than 5 ft. in length, 2 ft. in diameter and weighing no more than 50 lbs. with no individual branch being greater than 3” in diameter.
Curbside Leaf Collection
Leaf collection will begin the first full week of October and continue through the first full week of December.
- Christmas trees will be collected the first two weeks of January at no additional charge from all residential households.
- All decorations, stands, etc. must be removed from trees in order to be collected.
- Do not place trees in plastic bags. Trees in plastic bags will not be collected.
Mchenry Waste Refuse Sticker Program
- Service will include a recycling toter.
- All recycling collected at the curb.
- Yard Waste/Trash stickers are sold in sheets of 5 at:
- Ace Hardware – McHenry,
- City Hall
- from LRS via mail
- Personal cans will be accepted. Please apply stickers to each bag. (33 gallon maximum), not weighing more than 35 lbs.
- All recycling collected at the curb must be free of refuse and contamination – this will be strictly enforced to ensure clean loads. Recycling in plastic bags will not be accepted.
*Note: Trash toter rental is not available with the sticker program.
E-waste Curbside Collection 2 Times Per Year in the Last Full Week in March & the Last Full Week in September
- Residents are limited to five (5) electronic items per pick-up. Out of those five (5) items only one (1) may be a television or one (1) computer monitor.
Christmas Light Recycling
- Free Christmas light recycling will be available December through January with locations at the City Municipal Center at 333 S. Green Street and the Public works Facility at 1415 Industrial Drive.
LRS observes six major holidays and does not provide service on these holidays:
- NEW YEAR’S DAY
- MEMORIAL DAY
- INDEPENDENCE DAY
- LABOR DAY
If the holiday falls on a weekday prior to your regular collection day, service will be the following day. Services will take place on Saturday during holiday weeks. Items still need to be placed out at 6AM on Saturday to ensure collection.
Billing & Invoice Options
Invoices are sent in advance on a quarterly basis for services. Payments are due 30 days from the date of the invoice. Late fees will apply for payments received late. As nearly all costs associated with providing the service increase on a regular basis, rates are increased on an annual basis every July.
Auto Payment Option
LRS offers an auto-pay option for residents who choose to establish this method of payment. Once you receive an invoice from LRS, you may choose this option. If you would like to elect for auto pay, you may do so by going to Payments@LRSrecycles.com. You will be asked to create a username and password.
- The mailing address for payments is: LRS PO BOX 554892 DETROIT, MI 48255-4892
- To pay online, please visit https://www.lrsrecycles.com/pay-bill/