Village of Holiday Hills Waste, Recycling & Yard Waste Collection Program
Beginning August 1, 2022, LRS will be providing the refuse (garbage), recycling, and yard waste services for the Village of Holiday Hills residents. LRS is a privately owned company headquartered in Rosemont, IL
Holiday Hills residents can expect to receive improved service options for less and a very high level of service with a hometown touch from the LRS staff.
What is changing?
- All residents will be automatically delivered a cart for garbage and a cart for recycling materials
- Rate has decreased
- One (1) bulk item per week for no charge
- The time of day materials are collected will change
- All residents will be issued the LRS carts for weekly garbage and recycle collection
- One (1) white good collected per year
- One (1) electronic item is collected per week. Please call 847.381.9300 to schedule a pick-up.
- Yard waste carts are optional for a small monthly fee
- Your service day will now be Monday.
What is not changing?
- LRS will invoice residents directly for services
- Invoice options are available online
- All items need to be placed at the curb by 6:45 AM on service day
- Garbage, recycling, and yard waste services are still unlimited
- Recyclable items are not changing
Residents will automatically be delivered a 95-gallon garbage cart. There is no limit to the amount of garbage LRS will collect. Residents may use a non-LRS cart or container for waste or recycling materials that do not fit into the LRS-issued cart so long as it does not exceed 35 gallons, 50 lbs. and has two handles.
Residents will automatically be delivered a 95-gallon recycle cart. Residents who generate more recyclables may request one (1) additional 95-gallon recycle cart at no charge. Residents may use a non-LRS cart or container for waste or recycling materials that do not fit into the LRS-issued cart, so long as it does not exceed 35 gallons, 50 lbs. and has two handles.
All residents are automatically set to receive a 95-gallon garbage cart and a 95-gallon recycling cart. No action is required unless you’d like to receive your invoice by email. The physical transition of services will begin in the last
week of July. Residents will see new refuse and recycling carts delivered to their homes.
Residents may only use a non-LRS cart or container for waste or recycling materials that do not fit in the LRS-issued cart so long as it does not exceed 32 gallons, 50lbs in weight, and has two handles.
- Billed quarterly
- Annual rate increases will apply each August through 2027
- Garbage –Standard Monthly Rates
- $17.45 for a 95-gallon garbage cart
- $15.00 Senior discount
- Recycling Carts (Recycle is co-mingled and cart is included with garbage cart)
- All residents will receive a 95-gallon cart.
- Optional Yard Waste Cart
- 65-gallon LRS issued cart – $3.00/month
Residents register online for paperless invoicing.
“Bulk Items” are items that are too large to fit into a cart or can. LRS will collect one bulk item per week at no charge. Carpet rolls must be no longer than 4’ in length, and 18” in diameter. If a bulk item is deemed hazardous, unacceptable for landfills or weighs more than 50lbs, that item will not be taken. Please schedule a special pick-up with LRS for these types of items.
“White Goods,” are appliances containing CFC, HCFC, PCBs, mercury switches or other hazardous components (refrigerators, air conditioners, humidifiers, etc.). One bulk item or white good (appliance) that is accepted into a landfill will be collected each week. Most appliances that cannot be sent to a landfill will be collected by LRS as a special pick-up. Appliances that are special pick-ups are $35.00 per appliance. Please call LRS to arrange service at 847.381.9300.
Home remodeling waste that includes, but is not limited to drywall, plywood, paneling, lumber, doors, windows, cabinets, porcelain fixtures, sod, fencing, concrete or rocks will require special pickups. Residents will need to schedule service for these items and call to receive instructions on how to best prepare them for collection. Estimates will be provided and items will be charged by the yard.
Christmas trees (not artificial) will be collected during the first full two weeks of January on collection day. There is no charge for this service.