19 Nov Thanksgiving Safety with COVID-19 in Mind
Thanksgiving is one week away!
This year, Thanksgiving may be different due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but there are still plenty of ways to celebrate safely.
Keeping ourselves, our loved ones and others safe comes first but you can still have a memorable Thanksgiving even with the pandemic. Utilize the tips below from the CDC to have a safe and happy Thanksgiving this year.
- Have a small dinner with only people in your household
- Have a virtual dinner with your extended family and friends
- Prepare food for family and friends and deliver it to them, without face-to-face contact
- If you are hosting a small gathering, follow the CDC’s guidelines for hosting gatherings
- Go shopping in off-peak hours or online in preparation for Thanksgiving
- Avoid the crowds for Black Friday and just participate in Cyber Monday
- If you plan on traveling, follow your state’s guidelines (Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Iowa)
- If you are feeling sick, stay home
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and remember to #LiveSafety!