City of Rogers Refuse, Recycling & Yard Waste
LRS provides the City of Rogers residents with services for refuse (garbage), recycling and yard waste. LRS offers many other services for Rogers residents including bulk item service, and large, open top construction style containers as well. We are proud to be a partner in your community!
For more information on the required collection for specific items or material types, please click on one of the tabs below.
Contact Rogers Water Utilities to establish your water and trash service before contacting LRS.
Garbage is collected on Monday through Friday in the City of Rogers; all items need to be placed out to the curb the night before service day. LRS offers wheeled carts for garbage with a flip-top lid and handlebar to throw your refuse in. Carts are available in the 96-gallon size. Anything outside of the cart will be left behind. All residents should use the LRS issued cart for garbage materials. LRS offers additional waste carts for an additional rental fee, please contact LRS if you wish to rent an additional cart.
LRS provides one cart for recycling at no charge for each household. Recycling cart provided in the 65-gallon size. Additional carts are available upon request. Contact LRS Customer Service for more information or with questions on recycling.
- Materials for recycling collection must be placed at the curb the night before the service day
- Cart must be less than three feet from the street curb/road
- Your cart must be at least 3 feet from your trash bin
- Your cart must be at least 6 feet from a mailbox
- Your cart must be at least 10 feet from a fire hydrant
- Your cart lid must be facing the road (wheels towards the house)
Please contact LRS customer service if you have any questions on how to dispose of any of the non-accepted recyclable materials.
Yard waste is year-round on the same day as refuse and recyclables.
What is Considered Yard Waste?
- Brush, limbs, or tree trunks (root balls and tree stumps are not accepted)
- Mixed Yard Waste (mixture of brush, leaves and/or grass clippings)
- Leaves (separated from other materials)
- Grass (separated from other materials)
Approved Yard Waste Containers or Bags
To use this program, residents must purchase brown paper yard waste bags. Bags are available for purchase from Garner Building Supply located at 125 E. Locust Street, in Rogers as well as office in Bethel Heights. These bags will be picked up curbside on your regular solid waste and recycling pickup day. Please call LRS Waste at 479-878-1384 to schedule pick-up for your filled yard waste bags.
The city of Rogers offers residents the option to participate in curbside recycling and/or drop off materials at the recycling facility. Residents can also drop their yard waste at the same facility. Please see below for locations and acceptable list of items.
2300 N Arkansas St.
Rogers, AR 72756
Acceptable materials include:
- #1 Plastic (water and soda bottles)
- #2 Plastic Color (laundry soap and bleach bottles)
- #2 Plastic Natural (milk jugs, kitty litter jugs)
- Aluminum cans
- Cardboard and chipboard
- Clean white Styrofoam
- Glass bottles
- Tin cans
- White paper and office waste
Non-Acceptable materials include:
- #3 to #7 Plastic (butter, yogurt, and clear to-go containers, etc.)
- Plastic bags
- Aluminum or tin foil or pie plates
- Any Styrofoam except white beaded foam from electronics
- Hazardous waste (paint, light bulbs, needles, etc.)
- Plastics with food residue
- Styrofoam with color (drinking cups, egg cartons, etc.)
- Wax cardboard
- Yard toys (Hot Wheels, playground equipment, etc.)
Yard Waste Facility Location and Hours
2307 N Arkansas St.
Rogers, AR 72756
Tuesday-Saturday: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Sunday and Monday: Closed
Material NOT accepted:
- Building materials
- Root balls
- Yard waste contaminated with trash
LRS will collect two (2) bulk item per month, along with your regular garbage at no additional fee, prescheduling is required. Bulk items are small furniture items or toys that do not fit in the cart. Please contact LRS customer service to schedule removal of your bulky items
Examples of bulk items include: chair, love seat, couch or section of a couch, small desk, table or children’s bicycle. Please refer to the list of items you can schedule removal for below.
|Accepted Bulk Items
|Non-Accepted Bulk Items
Electronic Waste (E-Waste) items that are banned from the landfill (cannot go into the regular garbage). These items will NOT be included in curbside collection.
Please take your electronic waste to the locations below.
What is considered E-Waste?
Computers (desktop, laptop, notebook, tablet)
Digital Converter Boxes
MP3 Players (iPods)
Small Scale Servers
TV’s and Monitors
Video Game Consoles
Electronic Waste Disposal Locations
eSCO Processing and Recycling
Special Waste Drop-Off
2111 S. 8th St.
Rogers, AR 72758
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
2307 N. Arkansas St.
Rogers, Ar 72756
Call for hours
The below materials are ones that will NOT be serviced in your curbside collection program. If you need to dispose of any of the items listed below, please refer to the drop off facility linked here: Recycling & Disposal Options | Solid Waste District | Benton County (bentoncountyrecycles.org)
Examples of HHW:
- OIL BASED PAINTS, FLAMMABLE OILS
- Oil, Lead, Urethane, Chromium Based Paints, Shellac, Water or Driveway Sealer, Oil Based Stain, Varnish
- PESTICIDES / HERBICIDES / FERTILIZERS
- Poison, lawn chemicals, weed killer
- Spray-paint, Hairspray, WD-40, Air Fresheners, Spray Adhesives, Oven Cleaner, Insecticide Bug Spray
- AUTOMOTIVE CHEMICALS / FLUIDS
- Antifreeze, Brake or Transmission Fluid, Gasoline, Diesel, Motor Oil
- HOUSHOLD CLEANERS (ACIDIC/CAUSTIC)
- Bleach, Ammonia, Muriatic Acids, Pool Cleaners, Drain Cleaners, Solvents, Paint Stripper or Thinner
- BULBS / BATTERIES
- Fluorescent bulbs, CFL, NiCad, Lithium, Lead Acid, – Automotive, Marine and Sump Pump Batteries
Home remodeling waste that includes, but is not limited to drywall, plywood, paneling, lumber, doors, windows, cabinets, porcelain fixtures, sod, fencing, concrete or rocks will require special pickups. Residents will need to schedule service for these items and call to receive instructions on how to best prepare them for collection. Estimates will be provided, and items will be charged by the yard.
LRS has expanded our temporary services division to create an easier customer experience. These temporary services include dumpster roll-offs of all sizes to contain your construction debris and other home renovation waste.
Contact us today to discover all the ways Lakeshore can make your waste removal even easier, no matter the project.
Contact LRS at 479-878-1384 for any items you are unsure about. Items requiring additional labor and/or equipment to manage are a Special Refuse Collection. LRS will provide a cost estimate if we are able to provide the service. LRS does not guarantee collection of every item.
For more information, questions and to arrange for services, please call LRS Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. or Saturday 8:00 a.m. until Noon at 479-878-1384.
How do I clean my cart?
Fill the cart with hot water and a capful of vinegar or grease-cutting dish soap. Let it sit for about 10 minutes and rinse. Once the cart has been thoroughly rinsed, set the cart out with the lid open in the sun to dry.
What if I need my cart replaced?
Carts that are broken due to damage incurred during the collection are reported by the driver for replacement at no charge. Residents are encouraged to contact LRS for a replacement cart if they notice damage to the cart during the collection process.
If damage occurs to the cart due to other reasons, please contact LRS to request a replacement cart. An exchange fee will be applied and billed to the resident if requesting a new cart due to damage not incurred during the collection process or odors.
Is this considered garbage?
Latex paint is considered regular garbage, but it must be completely dried, with the lid off so the driver is able to see inside the can. Dry latex paint by leaving lid off or open and/or mix kitty litter until the paint is completely absorbed. Do not place out for collection until the paint is completely dry.
Alkaline batteries are considered regular garbage and should be thrown into the garbage. It is always recommended that tape be used on each end of the battery and placed into a plastic sandwich bag when disposing of them.
How do I report a missed pickup?
If your waste, recycling or yard waste services are not collected on the service day, please contact LRS by calling 479-878-1384.
You can also reach out by submitting a support request in the top right-hand section of this webpage.
The below holidays will impact service only if it falls before or on your day of service Sunday – Friday. Holidays falling on a Saturday will not impact your collection day. LRS observes and will be closed for the holidays below:
New Year’s Day | Christmas Day | Thanksgiving Day