Cart Selection Information
- Residents who missed the 9/12 cart exchange deadline for cart selection will automatically be delivered a 95-gallon cart for garbage and 65-gallon cart for recycle.
- Cart exchange requests will be offered after 9/12 on the LRS website for those who miss the deadline.
- Cart exchanges requested after 9/12 will be delivered after 10/1 and may take up to two weeks to be delivered. Exchanges will be done at no charge until 10/31.
- Beginning November 1st, a $15.00 cart exchange fee will apply.
Resident Owned Garbage or Recycle Containers (all residents will use LRS carts for weekly collection)
Residents may only use a non-LRS cart or container for waste or recycling materials that do not fit in the LRS issued cart so long as it does not exceed 32 gallons, 50lbs in weight and has two handles.
- One (1) bulk item per week at no charge. Includes furniture such as a couch, table, or chair.
- Additional bulk items may be collected for $25 per item. Please call LRS for information.
- Carpet rolls must be no longer than 4’ in length, and 18” in diameter
“White Goods” (Appliances)
“White Goods,” are appliances containing CFC, HCFC, PCBs, mercury switches or other hazardous components (refrigerators, air conditioners, humidifiers, etc.). Standard appliances will be picked up for $35.00 each. Appliances are collected separately by a box truck.
To schedule an appliance pick-up, please contact LRS at 630.581.8650.
Home remodeling debris not placed in a container, may be a securely tied, bundle of refuse or debris which not exceed three (3) feet in diameter, six (6) feet in length, and fifty (50) pounds in weight, or one (1) single miscellaneous or odd-shaped item of refuse or debris that does not exceed fifty (50) pounds in weight.
Home remodeling waste aside from the above, requires a special collection. Residents will need to schedule service for these items and call to receive instructions on how to best prepare them for collection.
- Estimates will be provided and items will be charged by the yard.
Christmas trees (not artificial) will be collected during the first full two weeks of January on collection day. There is no charge for this service.
Electronic Waste (E-waste) Collection. Beginning in the Spring of 2019 on the second Wednesday, the first month of every quarter, LRS will begin collecting E-Waste from the curb. E-Waste is the ONLY service requiring a sticker or stickers for items placed to the curb.
E-Waste items includes the following items, computer mice, computer monitors, computers, digital converter boxes, digital video disc players, digital video disc recorders, fax machines, keyboards, portable digital music players, printers, satellite receivers, scanners, small scale servers, televisions, video game consoles, and videocassette recorders.
- Smaller E-Waste items may be placed at the curb in a brown paper bag or a 24” x 24” x 24” or smaller cardboard box.
- Please mark the box as EWASTE.
- E-waste should be separate from the refuse (garbage), recycle and yard waste containers in a noticeable location easily identifiable for the driver.
- Residents with televisions and monitors weighing over 50 pounds or larger than 19 inches should contact LRS customer service department prior to the scheduled collection day.
E-Waste Required Stickers/Item(s):
- One (1) E-Waste Sticker = 1 small E-Waste item (excludes TV’s and Monitors).
- Five (5) E-Waste Stickers = One (1) bundle in brown paper bag or box not exceeding 24” x 24” x 24”.
- Ten (10) E-Waste Stickers = TV or Monitor
E-Waste Stickers are $3.00 each and available for purchase at the following locations:
800 N. Main Street
Elburn, IL 60119
Village of Elburn
301 E. North Avenue
Elburn, IL 60119
Common E-Waste Items (Acceptable and Unacceptable)
The following electronics will be accepted: cables, cable boxes, cameras, cash registers, cell phones, copiers, cords, DVD players, fax machines, keyboards, laptops, printers (and cartridges), projectors, radios, satellite dishes, stereos, typewriters, VCRs, video games.
The following household items will be accepted: blenders, bread makers, carpet sweepers, coffee makers, clocks, curling irons, electric knives, electric toothbrushes, fans, fryers, hair cutters, hair dryers, heaters, holiday lights, irons, landline phones, metal tools, mixers, remotes, shaving equipment, toaster ovens, and vacuum cleaners (without bags).
Items Not Accepted
The following items will not be accepted: large appliances (refrigerators, dishwashers, stoves, washers, dryers), air conditioners, ballasts, bare CRT tubes, capacitors, dehumidifiers, household batteries (AA, AAA, D, C, Lithium), light bulbs, liquids, microwaves, salvaged units, smoke detectors, VHS cassette tapes and medical equipment (any material that is considered or has come in contact with biohazard or radioactive material).