Cart Selection Information
- Residents who missed the 9/12 cart exchange deadline for cart selection will automatically be delivered a 95-gallon cart for garbage and 65-gallon cart for recycle.
- Cart exchange requests will be offered after 9/12 on the LRS website for those who miss the deadline.
- Cart exchanges requested after 9/12 will be delivered after 10/1 and may take up to two weeks to be delivered. Exchanges will be done at no charge until 10/31.
- Beginning November 1st, a $15.00 cart exchange fee will apply.
Resident Owned Garbage or Recycle Containers (all residents will use LRS carts for weekly collection)
Residents may only use a non-LRS cart or container for waste or recycling materials that do not fit in the LRS issued cart so long as it does not exceed 32 gallons, 50lbs in weight and has two handles.
- One (1) bulk item per week at no charge. Includes furniture such as a couch, table, or chair.
- Additional bulk items may be collected for $25 per item. Please call LRS for information.
- Carpet rolls must be no longer than 4’ in length, and 18” in diameter
“White Goods” (Appliances)
“White Goods,” are appliances containing CFC, HCFC, PCBs, mercury switches or other hazardous components (refrigerators, air conditioners, humidifiers, etc.). Standard appliances will be picked up for $35.00 each. Appliances are collected separately by a box truck.
To schedule an appliance pick-up, please contact LRS at 630.581.8650.
Home remodeling debris not placed in a container, may be a securely tied, bundle of refuse or debris which not exceed three (3) feet in diameter, six (6) feet in length, and fifty (50) pounds in weight, or one (1) single miscellaneous or odd-shaped item of refuse or debris that does not exceed fifty (50) pounds in weight.
Home remodeling waste aside from the above, requires a special collection. Residents will need to schedule service for these items and call to receive instructions on how to best prepare them for collection.
- Estimates will be provided and items will be charged by the yard.
Christmas trees (not artificial) will be collected during the first full two weeks of January on collection day. There is no charge for this service.
Electronic Waste (E-waste) Collection. Beginning in January 2019 on the second Wednesday, the first month of every quarter, LRS will begin collecting E-Waste from the curb. E-Waste is the ONLY service requiring a sticker or stickers for items placed to the curb.
E-Waste items includes the following items, computer mice, computer monitors, computers, digital converter boxes, digital video disc players, digital video disc recorders, fax machines, keyboards, portable digital music players, printers, satellite receivers, scanners, small scale servers, televisions, video game consoles, and videocassette recorders.
HOW WILL THE COLLECTION DRIVER KNOW I HAVE PLACED E-WASTE OUT FOR COLLECTION?
Please notify LRS when you will be putting E-Waste out for collection by calling 630.581.8650 or email Elburn@LRSrecycles.com.
Please place E-Waste separate from regular garbage, recycling or yard waste. Smaller E-Waste items should be placed inside a clear plastic bag, paper grocery bag or small cardboard box, clearly marked, “E-WASTE.”
TVs and monitors should be placed on the opposite side of the driveway or at least 5 feet away from regular garbage, recycling or yard waste, and/or carts.
E-Waste Required Stickers/Item(s):
- One (1) E-Waste Sticker = 1 small E-Waste item (such as a computer mouse, excludes TV’s and Monitors).
- Five (5) E-Waste Stickers = One (1) bundle in brown paper bag or box not exceeding 24” x 24” x 24” (such as keyboard, video cassette recorder or small digital disc player).
- Ten (10) E-Waste Stickers = TV or Computer Monitor
E-Waste Stickers are $3.00 each and available for purchase at the following locations:
800 N. Main Street
Elburn, IL 60119
Village of Elburn
301 E. North Avenue
Elburn, IL 60119
Common E-Waste Items (Acceptable and Unacceptable)
Acceptable E-Waste: blender, bread maker, cable receiver box, camera, electric carpet sweeper, digital or electric clock, coffee maker, computer monitor, computer mouse, computer hard drive, copy machine (non-commercial), computer or cable cord, curling iron, digital converter box, digital disc record, digital video disc player, DVD player, electric knife, electric toothbrush, fan, fax or copy machine, fryer, electric hair clipper/cutter, hair dryer, heater, holiday lights, iron, keyboard, landline telephone, laptop (computer), metal tool (electronic), mixer, portable digital music player, printer, projector, radio, remote, satellite dish/ receiver box, scanner, shaving equipment, stereo, television (TV’s), toaster oven, typewriter, vacuum cleaner (without bag), VCR, video cassette recorder, video game console, video game.
Items Not Accepted
The following items will not be accepted as electronic waste: large appliances (refrigerators, dishwashers, stoves, washers, dryers), air conditioners, ballasts, bare CRT tubes, capacitors, dehumidifiers, household batteries (AA, AAA, D, C, Lithium), light bulbs, liquids, microwaves, salvaged units, smoke detectors, VHS cassette tapes and medical equipment (any material that is considered or has come in contact with biohazard or radioactive material).
WILL THERE BE A CHARGE FOR E-WASTE CURBSIDE COLLECTION?
LRS E-Waste curbside collection is a sticker-based program. The E-Waste sticker is available for $3.00 at Jewel and Village Hall in Elburn. The cost for handling E-Waste varies depending on the item. Please see the back of this card for further details.
2019 E-waste collection Dates
- January 9
- April 10
- July 10
- October 9