Sugar Grove refuse, recycling and yard waste collection program
DC Recycling Systems (DC) is honored to be the exclusive service provider for refuse, recycling, yard waste, appliances, electronic waste and household hazardous waste collection and disposal services for Village of Sugar Grove homes. DC is located in Cortland owned by LRS, an independent, privately-owned company headquartered in Morton Grove, Illinois.
Village of Sugar Grove residents receive weekly service for garbage, recyclables and seasonal yard waste. Sugar Grove homes also receive pre-scheduled Home Collection Service for Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and Electronic Waste (E-Waste). These are two separate collections and requests are required for these special collections. There are no additional charges for these services. Please see Household Hazardous Waste Home Collection and Electronic Waste Home Collection sections for information and to submit a request.
New resident service information
Sugar Grove residents receive service on either a Monday or Tuesday, every week, with the exception of holidays that fall on a Monday or Tuesday. See Sugar Grove Service Day Map to see if you have Monday or Tuesday collection.
Service is billed by the Village of Sugar Grove when you establish water service. New Homeowners who would like new carts for refuse and recycle materials should send a notification by email and include your name, address, phone number and any special notes to Service@LRSrecycles.com or call 844-633-3577.
- We will provide you with a new 95-gallon refuse cart and 65-gallon recycle cart
- Carts have wheels with a flip-top, hinged lid
- Different size options are available upon request (65-gallon, 95-gallon)
- Please request desired sizes for refuse and recycle with the initial delivery
- There is no charge for the use of the carts or the initial delivery of carts
- Delivery fees apply for future exchanges requested
- Service begins at 6:00 AM. All materials must be placed curbside on the service day to ensure collection
- If you already have our garbage and recycle cart and would like to use them, you may begin using them immediately. See Cart Maintenance for recommended care.
Refuse (garbage) collection
Garbage is collected once per week in Sugar Grove with service taking place for homes on a Monday or a Tuesday. There is no limit to the amount of regular household refuse and garbage that can be placed out for collection on a weekly basis so long as it is properly prepared or placed out in accordance with the requirements for collection.
Service begins at 6:00 a.m. and all items for collection must be placed curbside to ensure collection.
Refuse and Recycle Carts provided by DC must be used for those materials. Personal containers are only to be used for additional refuse or recycling and should be clearly marked for the driver.
Personal Containers used for additional refuse must meet the following requirements:
- Containers must have two handles
- Refuse be contained, and fit inside the container, when full
- Containers may not exceed 32-gallons, or 50 pounds when full
- May not be branded by a different waste or recycling service provider
Loose Garbage Bags placed out loose for collection may not exceed 30 gallons when full, and must be securely tied.
Bulk Items are large items that don’t fit into your LRS Refuse Cart or Personal Container. Examples of bulk items include carpet/carpet rolls, table, chair, mattress, bed frame, box spring, fixture, large picture or frame, toy. Please email Service@LRSrecycles.com or call us at 844-633-3577 with your name, address and bulk item(s) the Thursday the week before, if possible. Bulk Items must be a manageable weight for a service driver to lift into bucket or truck, and must not require special equipment or handling.
Some items may require special equipment. If special equipment is required, we’ll provide a cost estimate for you. If you’d like to proceed with the special collection service, we offer various methods for payment for your convenience.
Mattresses must be enclosed in a plastic mattress cover or be completely covered in plastic for health and safety reasons. Plastic Mattress Covers are available at hardware stores and other retail outlets like Walmart, Target, Ace, Lowes and Storage Unit Facilities.
Latex Paint must be completely dried and should be placed in plastic garbage bag. To ensure latex paint is completely dried mix kitty litter, sawdust or oil absorb into the wet paint, and leave the lid off for 48 hours. Latex paint can lids may be recycled so long as the paint is completely dried.
Carpet must be in rolls and tied tightly, not to exceed 4 feet in length, or 18 inches in diameter. We will collect up to 8 properly prepared rolls of carpet per collection as one bulk item.
Special Collections are available for other items or materials not included in your regular service plan. Call LRS at 844-633-3577 to arrange for an estimate, prepay and schedule collection. We’re here to help!
RECYCLING COLLECTIONA recycle cart and collection service is offered with a recycle cart issued to new homes for no charge and is requested through the Village. Recyclables are collected on the same day of the week as the garbage and yard waste.
- Please use the recycle cart provided by DC for recycle materials
- There is no limit to the amount of acceptable recycle items that can be placed out for collection, provided it’s properly prepared and containerized.
PAPERRemove metal clips and rings, notebook spirals, three-ring binders, and industrial size staples. Envelopes with cellophane windows are accepted.
- Newspaper and inserts
- Magazines, catalogs, and phone books
- Office paper, notebooks, computer print outs, hanging file folders, pastel colored sticky notes (no fluorescent), glossy brochures, index cards, greeting cards, stationary, fax paper, manila folders and envelopes
- Junk mail
- Chipboard/paperboard – cereal, cracker, tissue, shoe, gift, and 6/12-pack boxes, paper towel tubes, and egg cartons
- Cardboard boxes must be flattened and cut
- Brown paper grocery bags
- Paperback books (no hardcover books)
- Empty and Rinse, Labels may be left on
- Food cans and lids
- Metal paint cans and lids (must be empty and dry, some dried paint residue is fine)
- Metal lids are recyclable
- Empty, Rinse, Do not crush or flatten, Leave caps and tabs on
- Food and Drink Cartons
- Milk, Soup, and Juice
ALUMINUM CANS AND FOIL
- Empty, Rinse, Do not crush or flatten
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil (ball clean foil to 2 inches or larger, no flat foil or small balled up foil)
- Pie plates & trays
GLASS BOTTLES AND JARS
- Empty, Rinse, Labels are ok to leave on
- All glass colors are accepted
- Leave plastic screw top caps on empty bottles and jars
- Empty and rinse; lables may be left on
- Bottles include: Water, soda, juice, laundry detergent, soap/shampoo,health and beauty products and cleaners
- Tubs include: Coffee, tofu, cottage cheese, yogurt, margarine tubs, fruit or lettuce
- Jugs include: Milk and juice
- Jars include: Mayo, Peanut butter
Christmas tree collection
Christmas trees will be collected every year during the month of January on collection day beginning on January 2nd through January 31st.
Service is paid for through the utility bills sent by the Village of Sugar Grove.
Cart maintenance and replacement
Cleaning the cart
- Fill the cart with hot water and a capful of vinegar or grease-cutting dish soap. Let it sit for about 10 minutes and rinse
- Once the cart has been thoroughly rinsed, set the cart out with the lid open in the sun to dry or dry with a towel
If damages occur to the cart due to other reasons, please contact DC to request a replacement cart. An exchange fee of $35.00 will apply if requesting a new cart size or to be exchanged due to odor. Cart exchange requests due to damage not incurred during the collection process will also be subject to the delivery and exchange fee.