Village of Wauconda: Solid Waste & Recycling Collection
LRS is proud to be the preferred waste and recycling partner for Wauconda.
In addition to being the exclusive residential waste and recycling hauler for Wauconda, many Wauconda homeowners are currently in need of dumpster rental, on-site storage, portable bathrooms and street sweeper services. LRS is here to help. We have the most professional and affordable dumpster rental, on-site storage, portable bathrooms and street sweeper services available in Wauconda. We offer many different services that all can be customized to meet whatever residential needs you may have.
Wauconda Collection Guidelines.
- All solid waste materials must be put out by 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled pick-up day. We cannot guarantee an exact time the driver will be at your home.
- Pick up day will be TBD
- Service will include a 95-gallon toter for unlimited residential trash pick-up and a 95-gallon toter for unlimited recycling.
SENIOR PROGRAM: 10% senior discount will be available to residents 65 and older. A valid ID is required please email Service@LRsrecycles.com
LEAF VACCUMING: weekly service at curb is from October 9th – December 1st. Rake loose leaves to curb/street side
SPRING CLEANING: One Saturday per year on a date selected by the village.
|Newspaper and inserts
|Magazine catalogs & phone books
|Office paper notebooks
|Hanging file folders (remove metal & trash it)
|Pastel sticky notes
|Brown paper grocery bags
- NO used paper plates or pizza boxes, or fluorescent paper (they contaminate the paper stream with food, dye, or plastic coating) If the pizza box top is clean you can tear it off and recycle it.
- NO paper towels, tissues, or napkins, which are not recyclable because the fibers are too small to reuse (please compost them with kitchen food scraps if possible)
- NO Shredded Paper – Loose shredded paper causes major sorting problems in the Recycling Facilities
- NO frozen food boxes, which are made of a hybrid of paper and plastic, and are not wanted by paper mills
- NO paper cups, which are also made of a hybrid of paper and plastic rendering them unrecyclable
Aluminum Cans & Foil
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil
- Pie plates and trays
- Milk, Soup
- Cardboard Egg Cartons
- Juice cartons & boxes
- Food cans and lids
- Metal paint cans and lids
- Empty aerosol cans
Glass Bottle & Jars
- All colors are accepted
- NO window or auto glass, bakeware, ceramics, mirrors, light bulbs, coffee pots or drinking glasses
- Plastic bottles
- Plastic tubs
- Plastic jugs
- NO plastic bags or plastic film (plastic wraps, sandwich bags, freezer bags, tarps)
- NO plastic utensils or plates (plastic wraps, sandwich bags, freezer bags, tarps), cups, lids or straws
- NO candy wrappers, cereal bags, potato chip bags, or snack bags
- NO empty motor oil, pesticide, or chemical bottles
- NO Styrofoam, polystyrene (do not put in curbside bin)
Wauconda Waste Collection
- Yard waste will run annually from April 1st through the second full week of December
Resident Owned Containers & Biodegradable Yard Waste Bags
- Yard Waste is collected in biodegradable Kraft paper bags or resident-owned rigid containers clearly marked “Yard Waste” not exceeding 33-gallons or 50 lbs
- Yard waste in plastic bags WILL NOT be collected.
- Up to 15 bags of yard was is included in your service (no stickers are needed)
Yard Waste Container
- Residents may also rent a 95-gallon toter for yard waste collection, supplied by LRS for $3.00 per month. No competitors’ cans will be accepted since they are not compatible with our equipment.
Biodegradable Yard Waste Bag
- Yard waste is collected in biodegradable Kraft paper bags.
- Yard waste placed in plastic bags WILL NOT be collected.
Brush Bundles or Twigs
- Any brush or branches outside of the container must be cut down to 4 feet in length and bundled (use twine or string – no metal twine or wire) no great than 2 feet in diameter and not weighing more than 50 lbs.
- Unbundled brush WILL NOT be collected.
- Please note that sod, dirt, rock, whole trees, limbs greater than 2 inches in diameter and stumps are not part of the weekly yard waste program.
Christmas Tree Collection
- Christmas trees will be collected the first two weeks of January at no additional charge from all residential households.
- All decorations, stands, etc. must be removed from trees in order to be collected. Do not place trees in plastic bags. Trees in plastic bags will not be collected. Trees longer than 6 ft. must be cut in half.
Larger Bulk Items
- Weekly bulk item is include in this service, 50 lbs and under, no construction debris.
- For special bulk item pick-up please contact LRS to schedule pick-up and arrange payment
Billing & Invoice Options
Auto Payment Option
- LRS offers an auto-pay option for residents who choose to establish this method of payment. Once you receive an invoice from LRS, you may choose this option. If you would like to elect for auto pay, you may do so by going to Payments@LRSrecycles.com. You will be asked to create a username and password.
- The mailing address for payments is:
PO BOX 554892
DETROIT, MI 48255-4892
- To pay online, please visit https://www.lrsrecycles.com/pay-bill/
- The password will be the last 4 digits of your phone number