Village of Worth Refuse, Recycling & Yard-Waste Collection Program
LRS provides Village of Worth residents with services for refuse (garbage), recycling and yard waste. LRS offers many other services for Worth residents including organic food scrap compost service, portable restrooms and large, open top construction style containers as well. We are proud to be a partner in your community!
For more information on the required collection for specific items or material types, please click on one of the tabs below.
Brief Service Overview
- Garbage, recycling & yard waste are unlimited and all collected on the designated service day
- Recycling will be collected every other week
- Please refer to map for service days
- Yard Waste season runs from April 1st through November 30th
- Materials need to be placed curbside by 6AM on collection day
- Unlimited bulk item collection – Notification is preferred, not required
- Appliances and electronics require advance notification and prepayment
Collection Day Map
Garbage is collected on Monday and Tuesday in the Village of Worth. There is no limit to the amount of garbage that can be placed out for collection, as long as materials are properly prepared and contained. All residents should use the LRS issued cart for garbage materials. LRS offers additional waste carts in various sizes for $3.31 per cart, per month.
Additional garbage that does not fit in the LRS cart may be placed neatly at the curb in bags, tied bundles, containers or boxes not exceeding 50 pounds when full.
If using your own waste container for additional waste, it must have two handles and not exceed 33 gallons. If an item or items are not safe for the driver to manage, they may be left behind with a sticker providing an explanation.
Rates and Container sizes
LRS Bills quarterly in advance for services on a January, April, July and October schedule.
The current rate for all container sizes is $21.14 per month or $63.42 reflected on the full quarterly invoice.
If you would like to inquire about changing cart sizes, please email Service@LRSRecycles.com or call 844-NEED-LRS and any of our service representatives would be happy to assist (fees may apply).
Recycling is collected on Monday and Tuesday in the Village of Worth and serviced every other week.
Recycling is collected on the same day of the week as the garbage and yard waste, on a bi-weekly basis.
There is no limit to the amount of acceptable recycle items that can be placed out for collection, so long as it’s properly prepared. All residents should use the LRS issued cart for recycle materials. LRS offers additional recycle carts in various sizes for $3.31 per cart, per month.
Additional recycle that does not fit in the LRS cart may be placed neatly at the curb containers or boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
If using your own waste container for additional recycling materials, it must have two handles and not exceed 33 gallons for safety reasons. If an item or items are not safe for the driver to manage, they may be left behind with a sticker providing an explanation.
Remove metal cops and rings, notebook spirals, three-ring binders, and industrial size staples. Envelopes with cellophane windows are accepted.
- Newspaper and inserts
- Magazines, catalogs, and phone books
- Office paper, notebooks, computer print outs, hanging file folders, pastel colored sticky notes (no fluorescent), glossy brochures, index cards, greeting cards, stationary, fax paper, manila folders and envelopes
- Junk mail
- Chipboard/paperboard – cereal, cracker, tissue, shoe, gift, and 6/12-pack boxes, paper towel tubes, and egg cartons
- Cardboard boxes must be flattened and cut
- Brown paper grocery bags
- Paperback books (no hardcover books)
- Empty and rinse, labels may be left on
- Food cans and lids
- Metal paint cans and lids (must be empty and dry, some dried pain residue is fine)
- Metal lids are recyclable
- Empty, rinse, do not crush or flatten, leave caps and tabs on
- Food and drink cartons
- Milk, soup, and juice
Aluminum cans and foil
- Empty, rinse, do not crush or flatten
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil (ball clear foil to 2 inches or larger, not flat foil or small balled up foil)
- Pie plates & trays
Glass Bottles & Jars
- Empty, rinse, labels are ok to leave on
- All glass colors are accepted
- Leave plastic screw top caps on empty bottles and jars
- Empty and rinse, labels may be left on
- Bottles include: water, soda, juice, laundry detergent, soap/shampoo, health and beauty products and cleaners
- Tubs include: coffee, tofu, cottage cheese, yogurt, margarine tubs, fruit or lettuce
- Jugs include: milk and juice
- Jars include: mayo, peanut butter
Yard waste is collected seasonally beginning on April 1st through November 30th on the same service day as your garbage and recycling. LRS also allows for organic food scraps to be mixed into yard waste during the season as well.
What is considered yard waste?
Yard-waste, also known as landscape waste, consists of organic waste materials accumulated as the result of cultivation and maintenance of gardens, lawns, shrubbery, trees and vines.
- Brush bundles tied in biodegradable twine not to exceed 4’ length, 2’ width (diameter) and 50 pounds. Tree limbs may not exceed 3” (inches) in diameter
What is considered acceptable food scraps?
Bread, cereal, coffee grounds, dairy, egg shells, eggs, fruits, grain, pasta, shells, vegetables
What are non-acceptable food scraps?
Bones, diapers, fats, glass, grease, liquids, meat, metal, oil, packaging, paper plates, pet waste, plastic, poultry, seafood, service ware, shells, and Styrofoam
Approved yard waste containers or bags
Landscape waste must be placed in approved biodegradable landscape waste bags or open garbage cans not larger than 33 gallon capacity marked with an “X”. Containers or bags may not exceed 50 pounds.
Brush must be cut to 4 foot lengths and bundled with biodegradable twine or string, not to exceed 50 pounds.
LRS also offers optional 65-gallon and 95-gallon LRS carts for yard waste. These are optional and available for residents to rent at $3.31/mo per billed quarterly.
LRS will provide a special collection of Christmas trees for the whole month of January.
- The tree must be real, not artificial, not in any plastic bags and free of tinsel, lights, ornaments and not frozen to the ground
- Flocked trees, trees with shiners, tinsel, light bulbs, glitter, wire or plastic or in plastic bags will not be included in this special collection
Large bulk items can be placed out for collection at no charge.
Examples of a bulk or large item exceeding the capacity of the LRS refuse (garbage) cart includes the following; bed frame, box spring (bed), bicycle, chair, love seat/sofa, one part of sectional couch, mattress, frame or wall picture, or a toy. These are only some examples as there are many items that may be considered a bulk item.
Carpet Rolls must be no longer than 4’ in length, and 18” in diameter
For health and safety reasons, mattresses must be wrapped in plastic to be collected. Plastic mattress wrap can be found at local grocery stores, hardware stores, storage and moving outlets. If using loose plastic, it must be completely taped and secured on all corners with no exposure to the mattress.
Bulk items requiring special equipment and additional labor, such as a piano, and construction debris are considered a Special Refuse Collection.
Call LRS if you are not sure if an item requires additional labor or equipment at 844-633-3577 or send a request with a photo of the item(s) by e-mail to Service@LRSrecycles.com.
Electronic Waste (E-Waste) items that are banned from the landfill (cannot go into the regular garbage).
Computers | Computer Monitors | Televisions | Printers | Keyboards | Fax Machines | VCR’S | Portable Digital Music Players | DVD Player | Video Game Consoles | Computer Mouse | Scanners | Digital Converter Boxes | Cable Receivers | Satellite Receivers | DVD Recorders | Small-Scale Servers
- All e-waste must be prescheduled and prepaid
- Smaller E-Waste items may be placed in a brown paper bag or a 24”x 24” x 24” smaller cardboard box – mark the box as ‘E-WASTE’
- E-Waste should be separate from the refuse (garbage), recycle and yard waste containers in a noticeable location easily identifiable for the driver
- E-Waste should be curbside by 6AM on collection day
- Call LRS to schedule an E-Waste collection
E-Waste Collection Rates
One (1) bundle of E-Waste (use brown paper bag or cardboard box not exceeding 24” x 24” x 24”)
One (1) TV or Monitor
Some appliances require special handling as they may contain harmful chemicals, or they need to be recycled at a special location.
Examples of White Goods or Appliances
Air Conditioner | Clothes Dryer | Cook Top and Cooking Plate | Cooker or Bakers Oven | Dishwasher | Drying Cabinet | Freezer | Kitchen Stove or Oven Range | Microwave Oven | Refrigerator or Refrigeration equipment | Washing Machine | Water Heater
Scheduling Removal of White Goods or Appliances
All white goods / appliances must be prescheduled and prepaid to LRS by calling customer service.
Appliance Collection Rates
$27.71 per item
Contact LRS at 844-633-3577 or send an e-mail with a photo of the item(s) to Service@LRSrecycles.com for and item exceeding 50 pounds in weight. Items requiring additional labor and/or equipment to manage are a Special Refuse Collection. Examples of Special Refuse Collection items include a sofa sleeper (couch with a pull out bed), large item exceeding 4’ x 4’ x 4’, construction debris item(s), TV console, entertainment center and sectional couch. LRS will provide a cost estimate if we are able to provide the service. LRS does not guarantee collection of every item.
Residents also have the option of ordering a construction style, open top (roll-off) dumpster from LRS. Click here to learn more about having an open top dumpster delivered.
LRS has expanded our temporary services division to create an easier customer experience for those using our services especially for the homeowner, whether a residential renovation project with a dumpster or home event needing a porta potty. These temporary services include portable restroom rental and dumpster roll-offs of all sizes to contain your construction debris.
Contact us today to discover all the ways Lakeshore can make your waste removal even easier, no matter the project.
Contact LRS to order an open top construction style dumpster by calling 844.NEED.LRS
- LRS bills quarterly in advance every January, April, July and October
- Invoices will be billed to the Property Owner
- Invoices will be mailed to the service address unless another address is provided
- E-mail Billing and Auto-Pay options are available
- Residents will be able to create an online account once they have an open LRS invoice
- Instructions on how to enroll in auto pay and create and online account can be found below
- Mail payments to:
Po Box 4700
Carol Stream, IL 60197-4700
Phone: (847) 779-7500
Residents may opt to receive paperless invoicing by registering online. Go to our Pay Bill link and scroll to “Sign up for Paperless Billing” to enroll today!
Auto Payment Option
LRS offers an auto-pay option for residents who choose to establish this method of payment. If you would like to elect for auto pay, you may do so by clicking here to the online portal and either logging in or creating an account.
Instructions to Register Online
On the portal, you can submit payments, register for auto pay, and see any payment and account histories and all account details.
- Click green “PAY BILL” link (top right-hand corner of this page)
- Select Illinois
- Select Village of Worth
- You will now be greeted with the log on page, you can either enter in your username and password or select “First time, Click here to register.”
- Fill out all requested information
For questions please email us at Service@LRSrecycles.com or call us at 844.NEED.LRS
The below holidays will impact service only if it falls before or on your day of service Sunday-Friday. Holidays falling on a Saturday will not impact your collection day. LRS observes and will be closed for the six holidays below
New Years Day Independence Day Christmas Day
Memorial Day Thanksgiving Day Labor Day
For more information, questions and to arrange for services, please call LRS Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. or Saturday 7a.m. – Noon at 844-633-3577 or email Service@LRSrecycles.com.
IMPROPERLY PREPARED MATERIALS placed for collection will not be collected. LRS will place a tag noting the reason items were left behind.
How do I clean my cart?
Fill the cart with hot water and a capful of vinegar or grease-cutting dish soap. Let it sit for about 10 minutes and rinse. Once the cart has been thoroughly rinsed, set the cart out with the lid open in the sun to dry.
What if I need my cart replaced?
Carts that are broken due to damage incurred during the collection are reported by the driver for replacement at no charge. Residents are encouraged to contact LRS if they notice damage to the cart during the collection process to request a replacement cart.
If damages occur to the cart due to other reasons, please contact LRS to request a replacement cart.
Is this considered garbage?
Latex paint is considered regular garbage but it must be completely dried, with the lid off so the driver is able to see inside the can. Dry latex paint by leaving lid off or open and/or mix kitty litter until the paint is completely absorbed. Do not place out for collection until the paint is completely dry.
Alkaline batteries are considered regular garbage and should be thrown into the garbage. It is always recommended that tape be used on each end of the battery and placed into a plastic sandwich bag when disposing of them.
How do I report a missed pickup?
If your waste, recycling or yard waste services are not collected on the service day by 6 pm, please contact LRS by either calling 844.633.3577 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your address and what service was missed.
You can also reach out by submitting a support request in the top right-hand section of this webpage.