Village of Worth Residential Garbage, Recycling & Yard-Waste Collection Program
LRS is honored to provide Village of Worth homes with weekly refuse (garbage), recycling and yard waste collection services. LRS offers many other services for Worth residents including electronic waste recycling and disposal, portable restrooms and large, open top construction style containers.
- Garbage is collected weekly
- Recycling is collected every other week
- Yard waste is collected during yard waste season, April through November
- All garbage, recycling and yard waste will be collected on your scheduled service day
SERVICE STARTS AT 6:00 AM
All materials must be placed out no later than 6AM on collection day.
For more information, please click on one of the tabs below:
Collection day for Village of Worth on either Monday or Tuesday based on where you reside. Please see the map below for your correct service day.
You may choose one garbage cart on wheels available in 95-gallon, 65-gallon, and 35-gallon. To inquire on exchanging cart sizes or renting an additional cart, please email Service@LRSRecycles.com or call LRS at 844-633-3577.
Each home will be invoiced by LRS on a quarterly basis for the pre-negotiated monthly rate. The Village of Worth has negotiated the monthly rate for each year which increases each May.
LRS carts are to be used for weekly collection. Non-LRS carts are allowed for additional trash materials so long as they meet the following requirements:
Non-LRS Resident Owned Containers
- Non-LRS containers must have two handles or a grip
- Garbage must be contained and fit inside the container when full
- Non-LRS containers may not exceed 35-gallons
- Loose garbage bags may not exceed 35-gallons or 50 pounds, and must be securely tied
- Bags and containers may not exceed 50lbs when full
Recycling is serviced on Mondays or Tuesdays every other week.
Additional recycling carts are available upon request to customer service. Contact LRS customer service for more information or with questions regarding recycling.
- Use LRS issued cart first for recycled materials
- Recycle collection is unlimited for properly prepared and containerized recyclables
- LRS suggests using a cardboard box as a makeshift recycle container for excess materials
- MARK additional box/container with word ‘RECYCLE’ so the driver can clearly see it
- Plastic bags with recycling material will not be accepted
- Shredded paper is not recyclable material
- Additional recycle carts are available to rent by calling LRS at 844-633-3577
Remove metal cops and rings, notebook spirals, three-ring binders, and industrial size staples. Envelopes with cellophane windows are accepted.
- Newspaper and inserts
- Magazines, catalogs, and phone books
- Office paper, notebooks, computer print outs, hanging file folders, pastel colored sticky notes (no fluorescent), glossy brochures, index cards, greeting cards, stationary, fax paper, manila folders and envelopes
- Junk mail
- Chipboard/paperboard – cereal, cracker, tissue, shoe, gift, and 6/12-pack boxes, paper towel tubes, and egg cartons
- Cardboard boxes must be flattened and cut
- Brown paper grocery bags
- Paperback books (no hardcover books)
- Empty and rinse, labels may be left on
- Food cans and lids
- Metal paint cans and lids (must be empty and dry, some dried pain residue is fine)
- Metal lids are recyclable
- Empty, rinse, do not crush or flatten, leave caps and tabs on
- Food and drink cartons
- Milk, soup, and juice
Aluminum cans and foil
- Empty, rinse, do not crush or flatten
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil (ball clear foil to 2 inches or larger, not flat foil or small balled up foil)
- Pie plates & trays
Glass Bottles & Jars
- Empty, rinse, labels are ok to leave on
- All glass colors are accepted
- Leave plastic screw top caps on empty bottles and jars
- Empty and rinse, labels may be left on
- Bottles include: water, soda, juice, laundry detergent, soap/shampoo, health and beauty products and cleaners
- Tubs include: coffee, tofu, cottage cheese, yogurt, margarine tubs, fruit or lettuce
- Jugs include: milk and juice
- Jars include: mayo, peanut butter
Yard waste is collected once per year beginning April 1st through November 30th on the same day as garbage. LRS also allows for organic food scraps to be mixed into yard waste during the season as well.
What is Considered Yard Waste?
Yard waste is garden trimmings, branches and brush under two inches (2”) in diameter not exceeding 4’ in length, leaves, flowers, tree droppings (crabapples and pinecones), garden plants, vines, weeds, grass clippings and yard trimmings.
What is not considered yard waste?
Sod, dirt, trees, greenery from wreaths and garlands are not considered yard waste and would need to be disposed of as refuse.
Accepted food scraps
Bread, cereal, coffee grounds, dairy, eggshells, eggs, fruits, grain, pasta, shells, vegetables
Approved yard waste containers and bags
- 2-ply, biodegradable yard waste bags or personal containers
- Personal cans/containers labeled YARD WASTE and weighing less than 50lbs when full
- Brush and branches must be bundled and tied with biodegradable twine or string (no metal)
- Each bundle must be no longer than 4’L x 4’W and weighing no more than 50lbs
- Individual branches must be no larger than 2” in diameter
- Christmas trees are collected on pick up day through the end of January
- Live Christmas trees should not be wrapped in plastic and must be free of all materials including ornaments, nails, stands, etc.
- Wreaths and roping will be collected with regular trash
- To ensure the timeliness and integrity of the schedule, LRS crews will not return for special pickups
- Once a street has been completed, trees will not be collected until the following week
- Bulk items that don’t fit into your garbage cart are collected your regular day of service.
- Examples include couches, tables, chairs, desks, large toys, etc.
- Schedule special pick up for bulk items exceeding 50lbs, or longer than 6’ L
- Mattresses and box/bed springs must be in a plastic mattress cover, taped securely shut
- Plastic mattress covers may be purchased at retail outlets such as Walmart, Lowes, Menards, Home Depot and storage unit facilities
- Packaging wrap or trash bags cut up and taped around to cover a mattress or box spring are accepted
Electronic Waste (E-Waste) are items that are banned from the landfill (cannot go into the regular garbage).
LRS provides a curb side home collection of E-Waste for Village of Worth residents that have LRS waste and recycling collection. This service provides a more convenient and simple way to responsibly manage electronics that are banned from the landfill. Scheduling items to be removed would need a prescheduling and prepayment made to have the items removed.
Please see the rates below.
One (1) bundle of E-Waste (use brown paper bag or cardboard box not exceeding 24” x 24” x 24”)
One (1) TV or Monitor
Please contact customer service for further information at 844-633-3577.
Examples of E-Waste
Computers | Computer Monitors | Televisions | Printers | Keyboards | Fax Machines | VCR’S | Portable Digital Music Players | DVD Player | Video Game Consoles | Computer Mouse | Scanners | Digital Converter Boxes | Cable Receivers | Satellite Receivers | DVD Recorders | Small-Scale Servers
“White Goods” are appliances that contain CFC, HCFC, PCBs, mercury switches or other hazardous components (refrigerators, air conditioners, humidifiers etc). These items will be taken but will need to be free of the above referenced material and required to be prescheduled and prepaid to LRS customer service.
Examples of White Goods or Appliances
Air Conditioner | Clothes Dryer | Cook Top & Cooking Plate | Cooker or Bakers Oven | Dishwasher | Drying Cabinet | Freezer | Kitchen Stove or Oven Range | Microwave Oven | Refrigerator or Refrigeration Equipment | Washing Machine | Water Heater
- Home remodeling waste includes, but is not limited to drywall, plywood, paneling, lumber, doors, windows, cabinets, porcelain fixtures, sod, fencing, concrete, or rocks will require special pickups.
- Call to schedule service and receive instructions on how to prepare them for collection.
- Estimates will be provided, and items will be charged by the yard.
- LRS offers construction style dumpsters in many sizes for construction debris.
- Call 844-633-3577 to inquire on how to rent a construction style dumpster.
- LRS bills quarterly in advance
- Invoices will be billed to the property owner
- Invoices will be mailed to the service address unless another address is provided
- E-mail billing and auto-pay options are available
- Residents will be able to create an online account once they have an open LRS invoice
- Instructions on how to enroll in auto pay and create and online account can be found below
- Mail payments to:
PO BOX 4700
CAROL STREAM, IL 60197-4700
New Years Day Independence Day Christmas Day
Memorial Day Thanksgiving Day Labor Day
Holiday service will be provided one day later than regular collection if the holiday falls Sunday through Friday. If the holiday falls on a Saturday, service will not be affected.
For more information, questions and to arrange for services, please call LRS Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. at 844-633-3577 or email Service@LRSrecycles.com.
Improperly prepared materials placed for collection will not be collected.
How do I clean my cart?
Fill the cart with hot water and a capful of vinegar or grease-cutting dish soap. Let sit for 10 minutes and rinse. Once the cart has been thoroughly rinsed, set the cart out with the lid open in the sun to dry.
What if I need my cart replaced?
Carts that are broken due to damage incurred during the collection are reported by the driver for replacement at no charge. Residents are encouraged to contact LRS if they notice damage to the cart during the collection process to request a replacement cart.
If damage occurs to the cart due to other reasons, please contact LRS to request a replacement cart.
Is this considered garbage?
Latex paint is considered regular garbage, but it must be completely dried, with the lid off so the driver is able to see inside the can.
Dry latex paint by leaving lid off or open and/or mix kitty litter until the paint is completely absorbed. Do not place out for collection until the paint is completely dry.
- Alkaline batteries are considered regular garbage and should be thrown into the garbage
- Tape battery ports on each end and place in plastic bag
How do I report a missed pickup?
If your waste, recycling, or yard waste is not collected on service day by 6 pm, please call 844-633-3577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your address and what service was missed (trash, recycle, yard waste).
- You may also submit a support request in the top right-hand section of this webpage.