Open to the Public
3152 S. California Ave.
Chicago, IL 60608
Phone (773) 579-1200
Fax (312) 579-1204
Mon: Open at 4a
Sat: Close at 3p
Cash & Credit Cards Accepted:
Visa, Master Card, Discover and AmEx
If interested in utilizing our California facility with a credit account, please contact us at Questions@LRSrecycles.com to set up your commercial account. Otherwise, cash payment will be required on-site.
Please contact Mark Sredin at (708) 514-4938 regarding any pricing questions.
LRS, with primary operations in Chicago and its suburbs, is a diversified waste services company providing commercial, residential, recycling and roll-off waste collection and diversion services to more than 24,000 commercial and residential customers. LRS counts more than 720 employees and operates the largest MRF in Illinois at California, processing over 2.3 million tons of waste material annually. LRS’ California Material Recovery Facility (MRF) is designed to accept and process commingled material and straight loads. LRS’ MRF is permitted by the City of Chicago to handle Construction and Demolition (C&D) material and Municipal Solid Waste (MSW).
Almost all materials are accepted excluding hazardous waste. LRS’ California MRF also does not accept Asbestos or Asbestos Contaminated Material; however, LRS is licensed to haul it with company-operated trucks.
LRS’ California MRF accepts and processes mixed loads of recyclable and non-recyclable material and no additional charge. Our state-of-the-art facility and dedicated staff will sort your debris to maximize recycling and minimize material being sent to a landfill.
Directions to LRS California MRF Facility:
- Exit to California Ave is solely off I-55 N
- If headed S on I-55, will need to exit onto Kedzie Ave, take left at top of ramp, and take first left to re-merge back onto I-55 N
- Take left onto S California Ave – go over first bridge, take left before next overpass (look for Lakeshore Recycling signs)
- Keep headed straight on road – scale / office is first building on left-hand side.
- If contractor; proceed to scale / remain in line
- If customer; stay to right of scale. Park and enter building on main level behind scale operator window
Billing: Special pricing is offered for General Contractors, Construction and Demolition Debris, Clean Heavies, Recyclable Materials and Yard Waste. Please contact 773-579-1200 for more information or if interested in setting up a credit account at this facility.