While social distancing is still a new concept for us, it is important for us to follow the guidelines set forth by the CDC to help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Utilize these tips from the CDC to help with social distancing when out in public.
- Visit grocery stores during off-peak hours or use curbside pick-up and other delivery services to reduce face-to-face contact with others.
- Limit gatherings to a smaller amount of people so that staying at least six feet apart is possible.
- Always wear a mask when in a public and crowded area where social distancing may be difficult.
- Find other ways to stay connected and social such as thorough social media or through an outdoor gathering with a lot of space to social distance.
- If you are feeling sick, especially with COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and do not go to public places. Get tested for COVID-19 as soon as possible and stay home until you receive negative test results.
As summer and the pandemic continue, it is important for all of us to continue to find ways to relax and stay sane. With the end of July here, there’s no better time to relax than now. Click the image below to go through the links for some relaxation tips and suggestions.
As the shelter in place order continues, it is important to continue practicing social distancing guidelines and wearing masks in places where social distancing is difficult, such as grocery stores. Adapting to this new normal is crucial to help mitigate the spread of the virus and protect ourselves and our loved ones, especially if you have to go out in public places. Utilize the tips below to protect yourself and others around you when grocery shopping.
COVID-19 Grocery Shopping Tips
- Go shopping at off peak hours.
- Keep a six foot distance from other shoppers while in the store.
- Use sanitizing wipes to clean and disinfect carts before you use them.
- Bring and use hand sanitizer during your shopping visit.
- Use debit or credit cards and self-checkout lanes whenever possible to limit contact with employees.
- Use curbside pickup or grocery delivery services.
- Use hand sanitizer before getting in your car.
- Wash your hands immediately upon getting home and again after putting groceries away.