Atkins, AR: Garbage, Recycling, Yard Waste Collection Program
Here at Ramco Waste, we are excited to tell you about our new initiative to merge with LRS to bring Atkins thorough waste management solutions. Our LRS team specializes in providing excellent waste management services to businesses, municipalities, cities, and states. Our services include special waste management, recycling services, and scheduled pickups, among many other top-rated solutions.
Committed to sustainable waste disposal methods, LRS is renowned for our thorough approach to waste management. Moreover, we are celebrated for offering personalized solutions to fit the individual needs of each of our business and community clients. With each regularly-scheduled job or duty we take on, we aim to go above and beyond what is expected.
With these upcoming changes, the citizens of Atkins can expect to experience minimal disturbance, as the only apparent alterations will be a shift to the LRS website and the use of blue service vehicles. You can anticipate the same efficient services as previously offered by Ramco Waste with the added perks contributed by LRS!
Waste collection will continue on a weekly basis. Schaumburg and LRS will continue to allow residents to use additional personal receptacles in addition to their LRS cart.
In addition to curbside waste collection, LRS offers a variety of other waste services.
Bulk Items / Excess Garbage
LRS will take 2 cubic yards of additional waste that is not able to fit into your cart as long as it is within Illinois landfill regulations and it is safe to handle by the driver(s). Up to 2 bulk items will be collected as long as each item is under 50 pounds and under 2 cubic yards.
For items that do not fit the above criteria, LRS will provide service as needed, scheduled at an agreed upon per-yard basis. This service will be upon request, and billed separately.
Upon request, LRS will provide collection of major appliances, including but not limited to ovens and refrigerators.
Residents simply need to call LRS and speak to a representative who will set up a date to collect the item, and provide a quote for removal. This will be billed separately.
LRS will provide curbside collection of Christmas trees for the month of January at no charge. Only live trees (not in bags) free of any tinsel, lights or ornaments will be accepted.
Should you need an additional waste (or recycling) cart, LRS will provide one at a cost of $3 per month, per cart.
LRS will provide residents with one recycling cart at no cost that will be collected weekly on the same day as your waste. Residents may place out as many recyclable items as they wish each week for collection. Recyclable material that won’t fit in recycling carts may be placed at the side of the cart. Larger or bulky boxes must be broken down before collection.
Additional recycling carts may be rented at a cost of $3 per month, per cart.
Please be sure to properly prepare acceptable materials before placing them in your recycle cart using the guidelines found in “Additional Recycle Guidelines.”
- Newspaper & inserts, Magazines, Catalogs & Phone books
- Computer printouts
- Hanging file folders (remove metal and trash it)
- Glossy brochures
- Index cards
- Stationery fax paper
- Junk mail
- Cardboard boxes
- Brown paper grocery bags
- Office paper/notebooks
- Pastel sticky notes
- Greeting cards
- Manila Folders
- Paperback books
Recyclable items must be clean.
- NO used paper plates or pizza boxes, or fluorescent paper (they contaminate the paper stream with food, dye, or plastic coating). If pizza box top is clean you can tear it off and recycle it.
- NO paper towels, tissues, or napkins, which are not recyclable because the fibers are too small to reuse (please compost them with kitchen food scraps if possible).
- NO shredded paper – Loose shredded paper causes major sorting problems in the recycling facilities.
- NO frozen food boxes, which are made of a hybrid of paper and plastic, and are not wanted by paper mills.
- NO paper cups, which are also made of a hybrid of paper and plastic rendering them unrecyclable.
Plastic bottles, Plastic tubs and Plastic jugs
- NO plastic bags or plastic film (plastic wraps, sandwich bags, freezer bags, tarps).
- NO plastic utensils or plates (plastic wraps, sandwich bags, freezer bags, tarps, cups, lids or straws).
- NO candy wrappers, cereal bags, potato chip bags or snack bags.
- NO empty motor oil, pesticide or chemical bottles.
- NO Styrofoam, polystyrene (do not put in curbside bin).
- Empty, Rinse, Do not crush or flatten, Leave caps and tabs on
- Food and Drink Cartons
- Milk, Soup and Juice
Aluminum Cans & Foil
- Empty, Rinse, Do not crush or flatten
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil (ball clean foil to 2 inches or larger, no flat foil or small balled up foil
- Pie plates & trays
Glass Bottles & Jars
- All colors are accepted
- NO window or auto glass, bakeware, ceramics, mirrors, light bulbs, coffee pots or drinking glasses.
LRS will provide seasonal yard waste collection from the first full week in April through the second full week in December. Residents may use and place out their own 35-gallon or smaller cans with yard waste, or brown kraft bags free of charge. User-owned cans should be clearly marked as “YW,” and may not weigh more than 50lbs (this weight limit also applies to kraft paper bags). The bundle size is restricted to 4’ in length, 2’ diameter, and no heavier than 50 pounds. Branches cannot exceed 3” in diameter.
As part of the Village’s new contract with LRS, residents may place organic material and food waste with the yard waste they set out for collection. Nearly 20% of all food waste ends up in landfills, so we encourage participation. Residents may also rent a yard waste/compost cart at a cost of $3, per month.
Please note that yard waste is excluded for multi-family dwellings.
Your yard waste service day will be on the same day as your waste and recycling.
LIGHT BULB & BATTERY DROP OFF – ATCHER MUNICIPAL CENTER, PUBLIC WORKS, PRAIRIE CENTER FOR THE ARTS
HOLIDAY LIGHT & COPPER WIRE DROP OFF – THIS IS AVAILABLE YEAR-ROUND AT EPW. THIS IS SEASONAL AT THE VILLAGE HALL, DECEMBER AND JANUARY.
MEDICAL WASTE DROP OFF – POLICE DEPARTMENT (MEDICATIONS) & VILLAGE NURSING BUILDING (SYRINGES & NEEDLES) )
LRS E-WASTE ANNUAL HOME COLLECTION EVENT
LRS is providing Schaumburg an Annual Electronic Waste Home Collection curbside and weeklong event, from October 10-14th. Please Click Here To Register. Registration and enrollment is required as the village is also happy to offer a drop off event on Saturday the 15th, with information found on this link: https://www.villageofschaumburg.com/residents/garbage-recycling/recycling
LRS E-waste pickup information and Instructions:
- Sign-up runs from Monday, August 15th through Friday September 30th.
- In order to participate, you must fill out this online form (Click Here) or contact LRS at 844-NEED-LRS for your address to be included.
- Pickup is no charge and limited to LRS Village of Schaumburg curbside residential customers.
- Please place your items near the street, either loose (do not use plastic bags) or clearly marked in cardboard boxes as “EWASTE”, with collection beginning at 7AM on Monday the 10th of October and running through the entire week, regardless of your regular service day.
- There is a seven (7) item limit including only one (1) TV or (1) Monitor
- Tube TV’s may not exceed 40” (inches) or 100 pounds
- Flat Screen TV’s may not exceed 60”(inches) or 100 pounds
- Appliances are not included as electronic recycling and require their own special curbside pickup.
- Collection is for household E-Waste items only. Commercial or business electronics are not accepted
- Items not reflected on this list of being acceptable will not be collected. Unacceptable items will be left behind.
- This service is designated for residents that have prearranged for it as part of the LRS service offerings.
- If you do not have a chance to sign-up by the September 30th deadline, you can get rid of your E-waste by participating in the drop off event on October 15th, in the village. https://www.villageofschaumburg.com/residents/garbage-recycling/recycling
- NOTE: After September 30th, the LRS E-Waste submission page will close.
ACCEPTED ITEMS INCLUDE:
Telecommunication Equipment, Cell Phones, Cell Phone Batteries, Cell Phone Chargers, Cable Receivers, Digital Converter Boxes, Satellite Receivers, Small Scale Servers, Switches, Circuit Boards, Amplifiers, Hard Drives, Power Supplies, UPS Batteries, PCs, Key Boards, Mice, Servers, LCD Monitors, CRT Monitors, Floppy Drives, CD Rom Drives, Laptops, Computer Cables, AC Adapters, Internal Power Supplies, Plastic Electronics, Aluminum Electronics, Steel Electronics, Yokes, Fans, Electric Motors, Hard Drive Boards, Memory, Modem/Routers, Transformers, Stereo Equipment, Portable Music Players, Hand Held Radios, Video Game Consoles, DVD Players, VCRs, Office, Cordless Phones Ballasts, Printers, Faxes, Copy Machines, Scanners, Sealed Lead Acid Batteries, Steel Encased / Industrial Batteries, Li-Ion Batteries, Ni-Cad Batteries, Nickel Metal, Hydride Batteries, CPUs, CRT TV’s LCD / Plasma TV’s