The holiday season is here and that means there is a higher chance of the COVID-19 virus spreading to more people.
From holiday shopping to spending time with friends and family these occasions increase the chances of more people getting COVID-19 and passing it along to friends, family and others. Utilize the tips below to have a safe and happy holiday season, even with the pandemic.
COVID-19 Holiday Safety
With many holidays coming up in December, it is important to remember that there is still an ongoing pandemic and keeping ourselves and loved ones safe should come first. The spread of the virus is still increasing, and it is up to all of us to do our part to help minimize the spread. Utilize the tips below from the CDC to stay safe during the holiday season this year with the pandemic.
Holiday Safety Tips During the Pandemic
- Keep gatherings small
- Stay home if you feel sick, especially with COVID-19 symptoms
- Social distance from people who are not in your household
- Wear a mask when around others who are not in your household
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds
- Do not travel unnecessarily
- Consider celebrating the holidays only with people who live with you